1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Why are some people naturally happier?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sheetal, Feb 5, 2007.

1. anandivaradan18

anandivaradan18 New IL'ite

hi sheetal ,
    that was an interesting subject. To be frank, being happy naturally is an art of living. That can be taken as a practice in our day to day life to think positive and live positive.Your face expresses all your inner feelings whether it is good or bad , sad or happiness. I think such people are not born but brought up and must have learnt from their valuable education and lessons from their life.

We all should be like that. Everyone likes to see a smiling face and friendly approach from us. I think we can bring that kind of looks on our face also with a regular practice .

Chaand had asked how to bring such smiles our faces. Just try it by standing before a mirror with a beautiful smiles on your face and a happy face . And also try out a sad and a frowning face before a mirror. So this way you start avoiding a bad face by yourself and try to keep a smiling face always.

try this method.

good luck.

2. skavi

skavi Senior IL'ite

Hi, I can say iam a happy and friendly person with a smile on me everytime...

here is my story I used to be very happy no matter what the situation is, i used to think being calm n happy makes one troubles go away soon...

But after marriage I was thinking lot about what others think and trying to keep others happy rather than me like neighbors, office friends, Husbands relatives etc....and i lost my happy face somewhere in all these issues..and i saw my problems r also increasing day by day then i thought now its high time i have to stop and came back to my senses and started living like before in my own terms n doing things which makes me happy and Ladies my smile on my face is back n problems seems very little now which i can handle very easily...

So My funda"live life the way u want "....you will be more happy, if u stop thinking about what others think and want .....

Skavi

Last edited: Jul 26, 2008
    1 person likes this.
  3. ojaantrik

ojaantrik IL Hall of Fame

Yes, I have definitely wondered about this. Especially since I tend to complain. Then I started to practise being happy come what may. One way is to smile at people. A light smile, not an inviting smile of course. It makes people happy and they in turn return you the happiness.

4. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sheetal,

An interesting question.

I feel, it depends on ourselves how we take life andits problems.

During trying times, we have to cool down and think a solution, which may not be ideal, but the most suitable one at that time.Getting angry or depressed, will not help is it.?

Suppose u receive an IT notice, we have to answer it, and be prepared for the possible questions that may be asked, and be ready for a penalty if things go wrong.What is the [point of having sleepless nights.

I have a happy go lucky attitude.But then each to their own,u can only do yr best.Regards.kamal

5. mithila kannan

mithila kannan Gold IL'ite

My dear sheetal,
    Yes,I have also observed such people who are always happy and I have wondered also how come this person is always going around with a smile on his face.I feel that it has got nothing to do with optimism or pessimism,they do not take things seriously .Thats what I think about this.
    For instance whatever I may be ,you can't call me a pessimist at all.but I don't feel happy all the time.When I run out of cooking gas,when the maid takes leave without prior warning,even these small mishaps are enough to draw worrylines on my face.But there are ladies who do not mind such things at all.
    For ex there is a lady who is my neighbour,elder to me by some years,she never loses her cool.She is always with a pleasant countenance.Blessed are such souls ad blessed are we to know them,no?
    love
    mithila kannan

Last edited: Jul 28, 2008
  6. SupriyaDinesh

SupriyaDinesh Silver IL'ite

Very good topic..I do not belong to the category of people who are always cheerful. I have something to grumble about or complain..I try to be happy..but if something does not goes as per my plan..i go crazy thinking about that and spoiling all the things attached with that..I do not know its cure..

Its indeed a blessing to be happy..at all times..

7. Meeta

Meeta Bronze IL'ite

Hi Sheetal,
    I have seen many of this Happy personalities around me and always wondered whether they are really happy or pretender....sometimes, even I asked them personally about it......how they are keeping themselves happy at all circumstances in life......
    You know what shocked me..."that not everybody is happy always....but if they carry a long face they will get detached from their loved ones....as a principle of life...people loves to get around happy and smiling faces and the long faced ones were sidelined....and this will make a sad/unhappy man more sad......so, not to be more sad......they choose to keep themselves happy.......and this has done wonders as this happiness and the smile on their face has helped them to get out of thier miseries......
    So, when you have no other way to deal with your problems/discomfort......finding pleasure/falling in love even with the pain makes the life easier to handle" ..... I have quoted my DH's words here who used to tell me these thing whenever I became sad .......
    Regards.

8. Bhooma

Bhooma Bronze IL'ite

HIyee

Maybe you could call me one of those people who are always smiling ... I may be seething inside/terribly unhappy but then I never show it ... (shows what a good actress I would make )?? hahah

But that doesnt make me a "happy person"does it ? oops ...

I know of some people who complain about anything and everything .. even a small change of plan is blown out of proportion and they discuss about it for hours at end .. maybe thats why they end up 'looking unhappy"??

Cheers and smiles

Bhooma

9. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

I feel it is inborn and have nothing to do with the worldy pleasures. Let me list down few people whom I know and how happy they are at the given circumstances of their life:

Mrs Kantha was a widow at 29. She had three daughters to raise, she never looked for pity or shoulder from anyone. Instead, she devoted all her time in her work and slowly started growing in her career, which brought more income in the family and she could do all that she wanted to do as a father and mother to the child. She was always happy, singing, dancing and also going to gardens, beaches and parks and movies with her kids. She adapted herself to the new bend in her life with a magic, letting her past rest and so she was happy.

Miss Reva is 40+ today and all her life she longed to get married and have kids. Thrice she fell in love and got dejected, but each time she got dejected she fell in love depeer the next time. She is 40+ today, in fact when I look at her, I feel, she must be longing to be a mother. She laughed out loudly and said, "God wanted me to be the mother of all the kids in this universe and not waste time with my kid". I salute her spirit and she is happy with what she got.

A positive attitude is a must to make life merrier. We have not brought with us anything to miss anything. We are here to spend so valuable time in the guests house (the earth is the guests house) and return to God.

Cheer up and live life like there is no tomorrow.

10. chitchat

chitchat Bronze IL'ite

Hi ..

Its such a nice question..

I can confidnetly say i am a happy person.many times my friends have asked me how could i be so happy and positive ..is it really you? or just acting...
    I had my horror days after getting pregnant and after delivery with all sort of weird hormones running inside me making me feeling soo bad n sad n mad..But somehow i am almost out of it now..after 8 months :D
    Happy person doesnt mean always smiling though my trade mark is my smile..:)..

It just means the intrest we put in to stay happy...

its all about living the moment...Seriously...Once we start thinking about future and ..(see unknowingly i was typing the word worry ...) thats what happens...And problem is mind is like a computer with no brain ..whatever we think good/bad it just register there and we feel the same...

Always tell yourself that you r happy and doing evrything to make ur life happy and beautiful.
    Spouse

.if ur husband doesnt bother to hug u..just go to him and hug him...and tell him u just love him soo much..he might smile and hug you and sometimes he will just stay with blank expression..Dnt get hurt for that blankenss ..just smile n say i love you for this boring expression and give him a kiss...:D (actually i do diz many times)..It solves almost all relationship issues...Just kill ur ego with the spouse ,immediate family and closeee friends..Keep the ego for others whom you dont care much :D ...Do whatever you can to be happy with ur spouse ..coz after marriage to an extent our life revolves around that person..
    If he ill treat ur parents make it clear that same way only u behave to his family..first tell him (atleast for 3- 4 times)then only practice(while practising..first apply it to his siblings like not calling dem..dont apply it to his parents :) )

Be smart ...market urself..he should wonder hw can his wife be so happy..:D and it will defently work..

Baby

yes we are moms but at the end of the day we r human beings...Its not a crime to crave for our own time after having baby..we do deserve it....make time for urself..Do things you like..when u go for shopping or werevr u go dont drag baby along ALWAYS ..it just makes u more worried and dont evn think baby is enjoying the crowd...take him to parks ...let him be with other kids..play with him at home...If u dont ve a support system ..u carry him around n just enjoy doing it...Dont be worried about he getting cold and be in shopping place..u just spoil ur day..

Inlaws

Dont be ashamedof urslef or think low...only coz dey liked u dey let deir son marry u...watever junk dey say now..believ it:D..if they asked you to give baby something u dont like..1. if dey are not near say ok..n dont give (avoids lot of issues in future)
    2.if dey r near...let ur husband say why it is not good to give rather than you explaining :D its a fact...if ur husband is not ready..buy sum magazines with such articles and keep it near ..dey will surely read it...or keep the tv on while sum discussions goin on...or ask d doctor (take inlws along )...:D

.Anyway they dont want to harm the baby..they too just love him/her...:)..When we start giving them freedom in our life dey too become relaxed and stop irritating us..Accept that they are experienced than us..Anyway their son is 'the' husband :D..

..I was w8ing for my hus to pick me from office(i was waiting and if not i cud have gone early) n now he is saying he is still busy n will b late..:) ..i first scolded and said okay ..no issues i will go...:D

so let me take an auto n go..Bye

Behave as if you love being happy and doesnt bother to be unhappy even if others try to make you so.!!!let them !...that should be our attittude...

1 person likes this.