1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Whose responsibiliy is it???

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by nitasen3, Mar 7, 2014.

1. tulipzz

tulipzz Platinum IL'ite

sorry Hun, you absolutely need moral lectures. It's unbelievable how so many ADULTS think its ok to beg/demand for things from siblings.

Your "lot of bags" example falls flat. You got them on your own I presume! Don't tell me you have relatives like leeches! A lot of them demanding a lot of bags!

Ive underlined something u said above that contradicts your view.

Oh please! People give more happily when it's left to their freewill. I'm sure whatever small gifts sdiva20 recieved were out of freewill, not begged.

Gift itself is something you give out of freewill. If you asked for something from abroad, pay for it. The respect you earn in that persons eyes will be worth a lot more than the freebie you wanted!

4 people like this.
  2. armummy

armummy Platinum IL'ite

Looks like you did not read properly dear , I also said I will not term my sibling greedy or lazy just because she ask ed for bag and sorry I don't consider my relatives as leeches , they happen to be our well wishers and can ask for some stuff without being called names and I will give them if I can.

i do not need your brand of morality where every human being is generalized and is thought of as a leech and out to get you and your money .

have a good day dear with your morals .

1 person likes this.
  3. tulipzz

tulipzz Platinum IL'ite

Honey, highlighted again, a VERY important part of your own statement.

OP asked her SIL for a bag, she is then frustrated that they didn't send it straightaway with other people coming to India!! Asking itself is one level, demanding to get it straightaway is another level!! It's more of a entitlement attitude than requesting her bro/sil and expecting them to get in "when they can" ... And wait, all this within 3months of them going abroad!

Where did I generalize every human being as a leech? People who demand freebies from those living abroad ARE leeches. ADULTS who think its okay to beg for "GIFTS" from siblings are indeed leeches.

4 people like this.
  4. armummy

armummy Platinum IL'ite

op's frustration is stemming from the fact that bro refused to give the keys initially and now asking mom to clean up .

sister and mother are termed greedy , lazy and leeches for asking / demanding bag and bp monitor from people who stay abroad and the same said people from abroad are asking / demanding the same Indian mom to clean up the house which will involve traveling , entering a dust filled home , may need to run around if the electricity is cut , clean it by self or run around to find a maid to clean the house , pay the maid , get supplies for self for the time she is there. If she cannot travel alone , take another greedy relative . All the expenses may come to say 20, 30 dollars and If bro has not sent any money to cover expenses what would you call him .

for me they are family and except stuff from each other and that don't make them leeches . They are not in any imminent danger of being taken advantage of. Sister and mother are open enough to ask . Bro is open enough to refuse and ask for help, sil is assertive enough to say no or show her displeasure if she finds it wrong.

Nothing more to say from my side .

2 people like this.
  5. complainBaby

complainBaby Bronze IL'ite

branded things n gadgets n other things like BP mashin are very cheaper in abroad , my friend,s bro too ask his friend to get play station from abroad , bcs that is cheaper there n those wife who does work they also spent money on their siblings , wife's siblings dont take permission from wife's husband to get gift from their sis , they just tell it to their sis , dont know why wife want that husband's sibling touch her feets n request n beg front of her for every time when they need a gifts from brother , selfish wife , they want their salary for them self n want to spent that on her family but dont allow husband to do same .here i find wifes the biggest leeches lol

n i cant understand what is cheap is there , sis can ask any gift from her bro , they have their rights too but keeping eyeing on this that what husband is gifting to his sis n fulfilling her demand is deffo cheap act from wife side

Last edited: Mar 19, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  6. complainBaby

complainBaby Bronze IL'ite

oh god , so that mean your sibling dont ask anything from you ? poor siblings , they would scare to ask anything from you bcoz they know their sis will call them leech bcs she has very shallow heart :rotfl

1 person likes this.
  7. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

I can't wait for the day that your hubby is giving $400 gifts (your example of Playstation) when you are trying to balance the house budget. Is a $400 gift now a cheap gift? If so, please send me cheap gift.

4 people like this.
  8. tulipzz

tulipzz Platinum IL'ite

No. My siblings happily take what I give them. They don't beg.

4 people like this.
  9. tulipzz

tulipzz Platinum IL'ite

Lol. Amazed that people like you exist!!

Pity your attitude really.

Just two things
    1. Some things are cheaper abroad, but they are not free! Money doesn't grow on trees here in the US!

2. People with selfrespect don't BEG others for gifts. If they want something from abroad, they pay for it.

4 people like this.
  10. tulipzz

tulipzz Platinum IL'ite

The two issues are separate

1. Mum getting the flat cleaned, keys not with her

2. Gifts that OP wants.

I still don't understand , is it ok for mum to get the flat cleaned if OP got a lot of gifts?

2 people like this.