1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Who's Better?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by rgsrinivasan, Jul 23, 2011.

1. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Rahul and Sneha were upwardly mobile, career oriented and had a little daughter Neya. People who saw them together would always comment on how each one is so much made for the other. Both worked in MNC and in different time-zones. And both were so independent and never blocked other's path or opinion till Neya arrived.

Right from which is the best hospital and who is the best gynaecologist, to what food to eat and what kind of dress / exercise should Sneha go for, they had arguments. Thankfully time did not stop and listen to their quarrel and Neya came. Sneha was very particular that her aunt Jalaja should be the care-taker for Neya and she would resume her work after 4 months. Rahul did not say anything then. Soon, they started their fight again about whats best for their only daughter. If Rahul went for soft toys, Neya bought some fancy looking animals which had mechanical features. "My daughter will be as independent as me soon!", she would comment.

This trend continued for a while and poor Jalaja was the only listener to this. She was so dedicated and attached towards Neya and ignored other things. Then Neya's second birthday came. The couple threw a grand party and made a good show. That night when Neya was fast asleep, Jalaja came to the kitchen to eat. There Rahul and Sneha were engaged in a normal conversation and slowly it went to the same direction as before. "You see! Everybody praised me today for being such a considerate and doting father!", Rahul boasted. "Wait till you hear what things they showered on me!", Sneha retorted. And, after a full 30 minutes of heated argument about who was the best for Neya, they asked Jalaja to express her views.

She smiled and said, "Why don't you ask Neya tomorrow?".

2. zipzipzoomzoom

zipzipzoomzoom Gold IL'ite

It seems they love themselves more than their own daughter. Perhaps using their daughter as a "thing" to show off, rather than their own flesh-and-blood human being.

3. rgsrinivasan

Thanks for your feedback ZipZapZoomZoom. Thats the point I wanted to convey. -rgs

4. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Ithink Jalaja gave the right answer RGS. Good post

5. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

rgs,

a great one... a nice reply by jalaja. I think we all know what neya's reply would be and that would be a big slap on both their fat egos. you have beautifully described the fast pace of life today with both parents working and the casuality being the little ones. glad that at least neya is blessed with a loving aunt like jalaja.

Akila

6. rgsrinivasan

Thanks a lot for your appreciation Viji Madam. -rgs

7. rgsrinivasan

Thanks Akila, for your nice feedback and continuous support. -rgs

8. sreemanavaneeth

sreemanavaneeth Gold IL'ite

Hai RGS,

Avery good reply given by Jalaja. yes. Neya is the right person to decide about it.
    some people are wasting their golden time by fighting for all things without any reason. We cannot change them.

9. rgsrinivasan

Rightly said Sreema. Thanks for your nice feedback. -rgs