1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Wholemilk vs pediasure

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by vidhyalakshmid, Aug 7, 2007.

1. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

Hi,

My daughter is one year old and I am giving her whole milk.
    Can anybody tell me about the pediasure? Is it good and nutritious?
    When we travel we cannot carry whole milk for the toddler.
    Is pediasure the alternative? Anybody using it for kids?
    Thanks Indus ladies in advance.

2. babyraji

babyraji Silver IL'ite

hi
    i hav a baby aged 22 mths n i hav been using pediasure since she was around 7 mths.i use whole milk with milo n in the early mornings n when ever i hav 2 take her out .i usually carry pediasure milk powder n warm water in seperate containers n mix them when i hav 2 feed her.sometimes i do mix cerelac powder 2 in tht so tht she feels full.
    with both full milk n pediasure i hav really noticed a good growth in her,n i only feed her on pediasure when she is sick as it is believed tht the babies hav difficulty in digesting the milk.
    hope this reply is satisfying ,if u u do hav any queries abt this feel free 2 mail me
    bye
    raji

3. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Vidhyalakshmi,

I see that you are living in the US. Hope you are aware that you get pediasure here in the US in liquid form in 6 bottles pack.

My daugther is 1 yr and 2 months old. I have started her recently on pediasure based on suggestion from another IL ite Shanthi. I mix 1/4th of Pediasure and the rest whole milk and warm it lightly and give her. She takes it fine. I started with Vanilla flavor.

I was told if you try Pediasure alone some toddlers may not drink it since it is very sweet. So it is good to start with mixing Whole milk to it. While you travel, try to dilute pediasure with little water.

Pediasure I heard is good to make kids gain some weight and it is also filling than giving whole milk alone.

Regards,
    Malathy

4. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

Hi Raji and Malathy,

Thank U very much for your information. Here in US only liquid form is
    available, I think. I will try with the whole milk. Thanks again.

5. Shanthi

Shanthi Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    Pediasure was recommended for my daughter when she was a year old. She had lost considerable weight after our India trip. It was difficult to get her to drink it because it is thick and creamy. So I diluted it with regular milk. First for every 4 oz milk I included 1 and then 2 oz. It isn't just a matter of taste. Make sure that your baby can digest it by starting slow - just like any food. Now she is 4 years old and I started giving her pediasure directly. It is very filling and very nutritious ( and expensive too ). But I feel it is worth it.

It gives me a peace of mind that she has had something nutritious, so don't worry very much of she doesn't eat other stuff very well. I carry a bottle with me when we go outings and it has been such a life saver.

In India you get the powder. So maybe if you can carry a flask with hot water you can mix it up on the go.

But this should be given only to kids atleast 1 year old and please as always start slow, little amount at home. Don't try anything new when you are travelling.

Hope this helps.
    Any questions feel free to ask me.

Love,
    Shanthi

6. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

Dear Vidhyalakshmi

You can try Junior Horlicks too if you can find it in your Indian Store.I used to give my son Junior Horlicks around 1 yr of age.Worked fine with him.

7. ranrags

ranrags New IL'ite

My daughter is 15moths old now..I give her whole milk with complan in the morning..and then just whole milk in the night..whenever we r out like in the weekends..I carry pediasure..since it is too thick and is difficult to be sucked..I add water to it..just to bring it to the right consistency..hope this works!!

8. priyamuthu

priyamuthu Senior IL'ite

Hi malathy,
    my kid is 13 months old. i'm giving her whole milk for the past 1 month only. but it is no filing for her. can u pls guide me how to add pediasure to her. i.e., which form i shud buy and how to store that . shd i use 1 full bottle or half?
    ahd i luk for any particular favour or anything like that?
    Priya

9. drasy

drasy New IL'ite

my daughter is 3 yrs old & she loves milk with bournvita lil champs. she does not eat food but she loves milk with bournvita lil champs. i gave her pediasure (vanilla flavour) but she does not like it she wants milk with bournvita lil champs. can i mix bournvita lil champs with milk & pediasure. can anybody answer my query please.