1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Who takes care of your kids?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by asha_karthik, Feb 16, 2009.

Who takes care of your kids while you are away at work?

1. Full time day care or school + after school day care (depending on the child's age)

22 vote(s)
    30.1%
  2. Inlaws

12 vote(s)
    16.4%
  3. Parents or other relatives

18 vote(s)
    24.7%
  4. Full-time maid

10 vote(s)
    13.7%
  5. Full-time or Part-time maid under the supervision of parents/inlaws/other relatives

8 vote(s)
    11.0%
  6. Child old enough to stay at home alone after school

3 vote(s)
    4.1%
  1. Sobhi

Sobhi Senior IL'ite

Hi Laxmi and nitty_witty

Hi Orion80 , can you let me know the day care centre name.
    Nitty_witty, Can you please tell me how were u able to find a good maid in bangalore.

2. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

wow..nice to see that some of the lucky ladies have got a chance to have a full time / part time maid....hope one day we would be able to afford one here :)

3. rethu

rethu New IL'ite

my 2 1/2 yr son goes to kindergarden,he is safe & happy there

4. mangaii

mangaii Finest Post Winner

Hi Asha,
    I used combination of various methods to take care of S.
    Close to a year I stayed at home then I went back to work Full Time thats time I used full time nanny just for taking care of baby no house work. At 2 she started going to school 1/2 days .At 3.2 she will going to school full time.
    Thanks
    Mangai

5. Nandaabhi

Nandaabhi Senior IL'ite

Hi,

My mom in law taking care of my 11 year old daughter.

Seema

6. asha_karthik

asha_karthik Silver IL'ite

Thanks for letting us know Mangai. it helps..

Seema - you should be really thankful to her if she is taking care of ur DD for the whole 11 years.

7. arthidiva

arthidiva Silver IL'ite

Seema's DD is 11 month old.. 'year' was a typo I guess.. I just saw in the other post!

8. Young@heart

Young@heart Silver IL'ite

Dear Asha,
    Hi!! How are you? I think you have entered your last trimester and must be nearing delivery. i hope things are well at the health front. Did you get any maid? What arrangement have you finally decided to put in place? Whatever it is , donot stress much now. I donot yet have the facility of sending PM's , so asking for your health here and wishing you all the best.
    Do rest and enjoy a lot now because the next few months will be tiring. How is your daughter doing? She has accepted the fact of a new arrival?
    Love and best Wishes,
    Payal

9. asha_karthik

asha_karthik Silver IL'ite

Thank you for checking Payal.
    I was almost complete sending you a PM and only then realized that you have still not reached 50 posts. No plan is concrete now. But we have identified a maid who could help us and she is willing to join whenever we want. For now, staying at mom's place. Life is slightly tougher leaving my kid at mom's place.. she is still not used to the new environment. waiting for my ML to start. people like you payal are my inspiration in this journey of going in for a second kid with the right attitude. i really wish everything goes smooth. Thanks again.

10. Young@heart

Young@heart Silver IL'ite

Everything will go smooth. Believe me. It will be physically tiring but an emotionally uplifting experience for you.

Donot worry for your daughter. Kids adjust much faster than we believe them to be capable of. Staying at Mom's place will lessen the impact your in-laws (mostly your FIL) have on your daughter. You can use this time to build a strong bond with her. When is your ML starting? And how much days off will you get? Rest, Eat well, worry less (if possible not at all)and enjoy because i guess this will probably be the last pregnancy for you???

I have not yet reached 50 posts because I myself am going through inlaw problems, so donot advice/ suggest anything there. Only some posts like your asking the maid arrangement (which i have now for the last 6 years) i feel i can participate in.

And yes, going in for a second child is a very good idea, you yourself will testify the same in some months I am sure. I am honoured if I could be of any inspiration to you. By then, hold on to faith and take lots and lots of rest. you will need it.

Love,
    Payal

asha_karthik likes this.