1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Who says women can't drive?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by momandme, Sep 17, 2013.

1. momandme

momandme Silver IL'ite

So many jokes floating around on how bad women drivers are. Isn't that a generalizing statement? I am sure there are plenty of women out there who make amazing drivers....much better than their brothers or husbands even!

The other day, as I was driving back home, with my husband by my side, a tractor was parked in front of the lane near my home, causing a minor traffic jam. When a huge Toyota Innova came from the other side, he could not get out of the lane and as a result, I could not get in. My husband saw the tractor driver standing in the tea stall nearby cracking jokes with a friend, as he watched what was happening. My husband walked up to him and asked him to remove the tractor asking him if he was crazy to park in that spot. To this, his friend responded...."this is what happens when you have a woman driver. If she knew how to drive, she would have known how to drive around this tractor! L Board driver" He completely ignored the fact that his friend had blocked the lane and that the Innova was too big for that small lane!

This is just one of those stray incidents. Many such things happen every now and then to my friends too. I wonder if male drivers are all perfect drivers and all females imperfect. If only, people would stop generalizing and start accepting the fact that there are many women who drive today and they are really good at what they do!!!!!!

3 people like this.

2. Naksh

Naksh Platinum IL'ite

Sorry about the incident. He was plain rude.

off the topic:

hahahaha.... i was on interstate rd......hehehe all of a sudden i see a white sonata....form the right most lane chanign lanes to the left most.

now wos so intersting abt it ? u might ask....

the car was literally facing towards left lane when changing lanes........hehehe perpendicular to the traffic :biggrin2:.
    :biglaugh

i looked back....but you will gent angry if i said who the driver was :biggrin2:

ps: jus kiding: i cant drive car (geared ones) in India ..wife does. so you know i am just joking.

1 person likes this.
  3. momandme

momandme Silver IL'ite

Naksh....I am going to let that pass.......:-D mainly because I have seen a woman do it as well......and too on a day I was late for work!!!!!!!
    Right now, I am just feeling smug that you can't drive a geared car and your wife can! :clap

4. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Recently in a parking lot i saw a parking space which i thought was very small for my car.And so i parked in the next lane.Just as i stepped out of my car i saw a driver come and park a HUMMER in that small parking space.
    .And then i saw a lady in burkha/abaya step out of the hummer :clap:So who says women cant drive???
    These days i see so many women using 4 wheel drives with such ease.Its the experience and confidence that matters.

Few things that i have noticed about men and women drivers (its completely from my experience)
    1) Women use indicators whenever they change lanes.Men completely forget that their cars have indicators at all.
    2) Women use fog lights in fog and men use hazard lights :rotfl.(okay not all men....but i am sure you all will agree that many men do use it)
    3) Women follow every rule in the book.Well men will ask you "which rule????".
    4) men are better when it comes to parking.
    5) Men keep their cars cleaner than women.

JMHO :hide:

2 people like this.
  5. momandme

momandme Silver IL'ite

Dinny, I agree with your 4 points and have a difference of opinion on the 5th one! Know lots of clean 'women driven' cars and extremely dirty 'men driven' ones. It is possible though that men maintain their cars better (tech aspects)!!!

1 person likes this.