Who Puts Diapers On A Dog?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by SuiDhaaga, Feb 14, 2021.

1. SuiDhaaga

SuiDhaaga IL Hall of Fame

Why am i seeing ads on IndusLadiesfor dog diapers?

first people dress them funny.

then people put them in a baby carriage

now diapers?

what happened to potty training the dog?

am i missing something? i never owned an animal, let alone a dog.

can someone explain.

2. MrCroc

MrCroc Silver IL'ite

I am in Canada right now and people here are crazy about dogs.
    Vets make more than Human doctors.
    Same drug for humans and dogs but dog medicine will be way more expensive.
    There are insurances for dogs.
    There are people selling organic food for dogs.
    There are dog beauticians.
    Many people call and insist that their dogs and puppies are their babies.
    Some offices allow their employees to bring dogs to the work and have dog friendly workplace. WOW! Heck, some do not have rooms for mothers to feed their kids but have dog friendly workplaces. WOW, just WOW!

3. abcd5

abcd5 Silver IL'ite

If you don't like dogs that is ok but who are you to judge others? They are not spending your money.

Mistt, Rihana, MalStrom and 1 other person like this.
  4. abcd5

abcd5 Silver IL'ite

My 12 years old Doggo has arthritis. Sometimes he has trouble getting up in time to go outside, so the belly band really helps us. People also use dog diapers for female in heat.

5. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Older dogs can suffer from age-related incontinence issues just like adult humans. Some dogs also get canine cognitive dysfunction aka doggie dementia, where they don’t always remember to go outside to do their business. Then like abcd5 mentioned there are arthritic dogs who struggle to move and may not always be able to make it outside in time. Diapers can help in such cases. People are not putting them on dogs just for entertainment.
    Animals suffer from health problems and age just as we do in many instances.

anika987, chanchitra, abcd5 and 3 others like this.
  6. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

How is any of this a problem? Some of us happen to love our dogs and we are not asking others to subsidize us. Organic food is healthy for pets just as it is for people. Pet insurance helps owners pay high medical bills. Grooming keeps a pet healthy and in good condition without skin problems.
    Most vets don’t make anything close to what human doctors earn. They have to make huge investments to buy their practice and they don’t rake in money like human hospitals do. It is a tough business for many of them as a lot of independent vet practices are being out-competed by corporate practices. There is a high rate of suicide among veterinarians.

blindpup10, abcd5, Mistt and 2 others like this.
  7. Hopikrishnan

Hopikrishnan Platinum IL'ite

When people come from countries where more than half the population defecates in the great outdoors....they do go a little askance at the extravagance now and then, wouldn't they? Newer arrivals are more astonished at various things, than people who got used to such really foreign things.

There is an old story of a desi who goes to Canada for a holiday, and then returns home to Ludhiyana, to tell stories of what he had seen in foreign: "Even littul littul childrun speek Inglish" he had said.
    When I read the following, I am reminded of that story:

Anusha2917 and Rihana like this.
  8. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Read this news that just came out yesterday.. it may make you go WOW, just WOW but Lulu went BOW WOW..
    Tennessee dog inherits $5 million in owner's will

Mistt, MalStrom and Anusha2917 like this.
  9. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Can't explain, but Let Me Google That ... (safe to click)

10. MrCroc

MrCroc Silver IL'ite

Its not that I dont like dogs but..
    Canada and British Columbia in particular has a massive problem of homelessness. Most homes are CDN 1 million plus. With such a situation, we see dogs being offered a life where they live longer than what wolves and dogs do in wild while many homeless die at a relatively young age of late 40s and 50s. A lot of them due to drug overdose of fentanyl.
    I just feel ... not well ... with that.

In nearby Seattle, my employer is known for being "frugal". Their offices are devoid of embellishments that most corporates in America have. There is not wooden wall furnishing etc. Some offices even have just plain concrete slabs as floors with no decoration. No carpet nothing. Frugal. Many offices do not have a one mothers room or there is one at a certain floor. Women are ... sort of ... gently pushed to not bring their babies in the office.

But dogs? Don't even get me started. "Dog babies" as their owners call their pets, have their specific modifications to floor. fences to keep them herded to their respective "daddies" or "mommies". There is a dog biscuit dispenser on each floor.

Sorry, for being judgemental, but I am of hard opinion that dogs are NOT babies. Babies are human babies who grow into adult humans. Dog "babies" are puppies and there is nothing wrong with loving your puppy. Just dont call them babies in front of folks who have real babies. In my world view, babies will be way above dogs. Always. Blood is thicker than water.