1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Who is your shoulder?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Vidhyathan, Apr 26, 2007.

1. Vidhyathan

Vidhyathan Senior IL'ite

If I had something working up my mind,whom do I turn to? There are lots of people around- blood ties, social ties, friends and acquaintances.

I always find a friend much more comfortable and easy to talk to. If there is something that I want to share or get advise on, it would be a friend. Why is this so? Why not someone who is related to me?

I always thought its because relatives are too nosy and undependable. Well most of them are.

What makes friends more alluring is that they offer emotional support rather than getting emotionally shattered along with us. A very good friend who might suffer at your trials can still lend you a strong shoulder because they recover fast with our interests in mind. And there is no prejudice as well.

Where as someone who is related to us might break down along with us. So you end up consoling the person where as comforting you goes unheeded.

A friend or relative- whomsoever you lean on - i believe its the substance what they are made of that matters. If your heart considers that he or she is the right person then it gets what it wants.

1 person likes this.

2. radhavenkatesh

radhavenkatesh Silver IL'ite

Whom to look upon depends on the problem / matter which we want to share or discuss with
    if it is a personal matter related to family we definetly would turn to our spouses first if married, siblings sister / brother or to our mother and father
    if we feel the matter is of concern and would definetly pose some disturbance to our family members we do not want to share with them we turn towards friends not all friends selective ones who are v dear and have the same degree of emotional stability like us
    few times i find our own il members sharing their problems not tht they cannot share with their own people but as a vent out in order to get more advices
    not all problems can be discussed with friends or family members there are many problems or such issues which u cannot share with anyone and it is at tht juncture we start getting frustated and emotionally instable
    still life moves on isnt it .

3. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

hey vidya,
    my shoulders are very big yaar, and this computer can reach wherever ur, so dont worry any problem, i am here for u, dont worry be happy, there is someone high above and help u move life....regards sunkan

4. Vidhyathan

Vidhyathan Senior IL'ite

Thanks a lot Sunkan. That is why i became a member of IL - to share thoughts and make friends. And the high above guy (Lord Venki happens to be my fav) is sure to offer hands.

5. Vidhyathan

Vidhyathan Senior IL'ite

Hi Radha,
    at any cost life moves on yes. unbelievable but life moves on yes.

6. Abha

Abha Bronze IL'ite

Hey there

My shoulder is GOD, he is the one, whatever the problem is just tell him and ask him to sort it out for you, have faith in him. The whole world will leave you but he will be with you no matter what... just leave it to him and after that dont take tensions, cos that will mean that u dont trust him... so just relax and he will set things right...

Take care
    ~Abha

7. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    My shoulder before marriage was my mother and now my husband for certain things and my mother for a few. But for most of these years to my knowledge almost for 15 years I have been the shoulder for many and would like to be the shoulder for many more too. The main reason people say when they seek my shoulder is that I dont let out anything to any one they whisper in my ears when they lean on my shoulders.