Who is your Role Model? - Contest for International Women's Day 2006

Discussion in 'Topic of the Month - Contest' started by Induslady, Mar 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vivbass

vivbass Gold IL'ite

Re: Who is your Role Model? - Contest for International Women's Day

Dear vidhya,congrats:clap
    ur entries r really superb,ur grandma is gr8.:2thumbsup:

2. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Dear Viji(vivbass),

Thank you. It is very sweet of you to write and congratulate me.

You do realise this is the contest of 2006,last year. But yes, my nan was one great lady. Always stayed behind in shadows and silences, never pushed herself forward, did all the help she could.

affly
    Vidya

3. rvnachar

rvnachar Silver IL'ite

Hearty Congrats!

Dear Vidya,

I liked your entries regarding your Ammami and Heibo. Truly these two personalities deserve to be remembered forever and emulated. You have presented their character in a nutshell very effectively. I was in tears when I read about Ammami's support to her daughter's wish to die and Heibo's touching concern for you. It is very strange that people at the doorsteps of death are so positive minded, while we crib about very small problems. We should be ashamed of ourselves.

Well deserving prize. Congrats!

Sudha Narasimhachar

4. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Dear Sudha,

This contest was from last year,2006.

Thank you. It feels good to be greeted one year down. I am glad that you liked my pieces. The fact that I wrote about two simple and soulful women made my job very easy. Thanks,Sudha.

Very glad to get a response from a member of the writers group of ILites from Bangy. Comments from the writers group in Bangalore are very rare ( though Mrs Pankaja is an exception, she usually writes in). I wish you all would comment more often on our blogs too. Maybe you could also read my article Hi!Mom (from May 2006) and give your comments( bouquets and/or brickbats most welcome).

Thank you, when a seasoned blogger like you writes in, it feels great.

regards
    Vidya

5. rvnachar

rvnachar Silver IL'ite

Dear Vidya,

That's funny! I received a message from IL just yesterday and I was confused because I have sent in my entry for this year's contest and thought there must have been another contest without my knowledge! Anyway, at least this way, I got to read your lovely pieces.

I do want to be a regular blogger here but somehow, I find very little time for my literary activities these days and I have to balance so many things in that limited time. Thank you for your nice words about me.

I will definitely try to read the other article of yours when time permits and let you know.

Keep writing! You write well.

With love,

Sudha Narasimhachar

6. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Sudha,

Thanks again.

I guess the message from Indusladies to you, must have been to join this years contest. It is not on Role Model, but on who is a complete/balanced woman. Please check the posting by Mrs ChitVish to get exact details. I hope you enter the 2007 contest.

regards
    V 24

7. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Sudha (a.k.a rvnachar),

You sent in your entry right and we did consider your entry for this year's women's day contest.

Refer this link - http://www.indusladies.com/forums/c...-contest-international-womens-day-2007-a.html.

Honeybee was chosen to be the winner. You may want to read her entry posted in the same thread.

Note: Confusion between 2006 contest & 2007 contest started with one new member picking up this thread and greeting Vidya for her year old entry.

Vidya, I am happy for you that few of them got to read your entry after a year and greeted you for the same. In order to avoid any more confusion with this year's contest, I am closing this thread for further postings. It can still be viewed. Hope you will not mind.

Malathy

Last edited: Apr 5, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.