Who is your Role Model? - Contest for International Women's Day 2006

Discussion in 'Topic of the Month - Contest' started by Induslady, Mar 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

It is contest time again...Gear up to send in your entries. [​IMG]

Who is your Role Model?

Our expectation from all of you is pretty simple. We want the women here to care more than others think is wise, risk more than others think is safe, dream more than others think is practical and expect more than others think is possible. We believe that inspiring such excellence is the best way to celebrate International Women’s Day, which falls on March 8th

Hence, we are announcing this “Who is your Role Model?” contest. Please write a short essay about your role model and win a fabulous prize! More than the prize, your writing would have motivated several members of our community to excel!

Here are the details for the contest…

Describe someone you regard as your role model, a woman whom you admire. Describe the qualities and attitudes of your role model that you consider as worthy of emulation by members of IndusLadies Community. Your role model can be a woman from any walk of life - your mom or any one within your family, a social worker, an artist, a sportsperson, any professional whom you know like your doctor, teacher, a politician, a national leader, etc.

After writing a long letter, Abraham Lincoln ended the letter by saying, “Sorry for the long letter, I didn’t have time to write a shorter one”. Please take the time to limit your entry to less than 300 words. Winning entry will be judged on both style and substance.

Contest is open till - March 31st, 2006

To post your entries click here...

Good Luck!

2. Induslady

Happy Women's Day

Hello Ladies,

Wish you all a very Happy Women's Day.

Have fun and let this day be a nice memorable one for each one of you.

Hope you all took note of the 'who is your role model' contest.

Go ahead and post about your women role model. We are awaiting to see lots of interesting and inspiring entries.

3. Induslady

Rush in your entries - the winning entry awaits an Exciting Gift!

Hello Ladies,

We thought you gals would be excited to send in your entries for this "Who is your Role Model?" contest. That too the contest being about the women who has inspired or impressed you in your life!

It is a bit surprising [​IMG] rather shocking [​IMG], to note that very few of you only came forward to write about your women role model.

Is that there are only fewer women in our IndusLadies Community impressed by some other women in their life. That might not be true [​IMG].

So, hurry, rush in your entries for the contest. You can send in more that one entry and it needs to be about women who inspired or impressed you.

Contest is open ONLY till Mar 31st 2006.
    An exciting gift is awaiting for the winning entry...Don't Miss it!

Note: Go here to post your entries.

4. Induslady

REMINDER - Role Model contest is nearing the end date

Hello Ladies,

Just to remind you all about the Role Model contest...

Rush in your entries - 3 more days to go - it is nearing the end date - March 31st, 2006!
    Remember - an exciting gift is awaiting the winning entry.

Those who have already posted your entries, Thank you! Stay tuned for the results. It will be announced early next month (in April).

Good Luck to all of you...

Note: Post your entries here

5. Induslady

Winner of 'Who is your Role Model?' Contest

Hello Ladies,

First of all, 'Thank you' to all the members who participated in the contest by posting their entries. All the entries were very thoughtful and inspiring. The comments/feedback received by few of our members, makes it obvious that some of the entries were very emotional and sensitive too.

"Many Thanks" to the judges who spent their time and efforts in judging the contest.

Ok, now coming to the best part of the contest - who WINS the contest?

The most crisp & clear, focussed, inspiring entry that best deserves the prize is found to be written by...

"Vidya24"

[​IMG] HEARTY CONGRATULATIONS - Vidya [​IMG]

Vidya had posted multiple entries for the contest. Though she wanted to keep one of her entry non-competitive, reading through all her entries, this what the judges had to comment about it...

The role models were ordinary women whom she has come across in her life
    Those women have kept others above their own self
    The narration about those role models clearly focuses on their outstanding characters

Read here the entries posted by Vidya
    Entry 1
    Entry 2
    Entry 3

PS: Vidya, we want to ship out the contest prize to you. Please private message your mailing address to 'induslady'

Thank you once again for all the entries. We are confident that all the entries will be a good inspiring read to the members of our community.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2006
  6. prathi

prathi Bronze IL'ite

Congratulations!!!

Dear Vidya,

Congrats! Your entries were very touching. The one that touched me most was that of Heibo. You deserve the prize. Wonderful!

Last edited: Apr 5, 2006
  7. purnima_2k

purnima_2k Senior IL'ite

Expected winner!

HI Vidhya,

it was very obvious you would win! You have quoted some of the amazing experiences!

My Hearty congratulations ...you really deserved it!!

Regards,
    Purnima

8. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Hearty Congratulations, Vidya!

Dear Vidya,
    Please accept my hearty congratulations. Whether it is your 'Ammami' or 'Heibo' you sketched their personality beautifully well and also told us clearly what is there to learn from them.
    Hats Off to your Ammami and Heibo and hats off to you for showing them to us in good light.
    Varalotti

9. meenu

meenu Bronze IL'ite

Very Very Happy For You , Vidya

Dear Vidya,
    The moment I read your entries I felt that you shoud get the prize.I liked your writing about your ammami best . My daughter and I were so sure yours was the best.In fact your writings have motivated me to meet you next time you come to india. I am so glad that IL judges have thought as we did. In fact my daughter went to the extent of saying that chitvish is modern days' "ammami".
    regards,
    Meenu

Last edited: Apr 4, 2006
  10. Sharada

Sharada Senior IL'ite

Well done Vidya!

After I read the Heibo entry it was a foregone conclusion that you would win Vidya. If anyone else (including yours truly!) had won I would have protested/put in a petition and asked the judges to withhold judgement and reread your piece! Let us know when the prize reaches you.
    Congrats!
    Sharada

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.