1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Who Is Right , Who's Wrong? Siblings Rivalry

Discussion in 'Parents & Siblings' started by Vedhavalli, Aug 4, 2018.

1. Topaz49

Topaz49 Gold IL'ite

of course not.

2. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

For this heard we need to do some certifications... For that again need money right? What if Husband not willing to pay for that..

sindmani likes this.
  3. Topaz49

Topaz49 Gold IL'ite

As I said if one is creative they can find ways to make money. So many people desperately need help and they will pay good.
    Yes, the goal is get certification in some skills like technicians.

sindmani likes this.
  4. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

You can work in any stores [ grocery stores / Kohls / JC penny and etc ] for a while or for few hours. You don't need any experience or certificate for that. Check in Kumon too.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
    sindmani and shravs3 like this.
  5. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

NOT FREE

shravs3 likes this.
  6. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

7. poovai

poovai Platinum IL'ite

I see the young bride's view. Not that I agree, there are 2-sides of the coin.

The story is now....my younger sister throws a big fight with my mom (dad passed away) for difference in educational spending for her. She got her masters in accounting and runs her own firm for 100+ local business. But, still claims that other siblings had better time/money/education during college days. She brings up the topic over and over again; may be she will calm down if mom says 'I will give all my jewelries to you'.

Never know, how the mind works? The sibling comparison never ends :rolleyes::rolleyes:

sindmani and shravs3 like this.
  8. Topaz49

Topaz49 Gold IL'ite

Has time changed so much that parents have to bribe? Is that what parents get for having children?
    She should be thankful for getting a good education; Ignore, she will get over it. It is parents money and children have no right to accuse parents. By paying attention, you are making her a bigger whiner. whine, whine whine

It is pretty much universal that the first child gets little bit more. With first child every experience is first for the parents. I and my husband both were "the 2nd child" and I have only one child.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
  9. YoGirl

YoGirl Gold IL'ite

I vote for ‘equal treatment’.
    This equal treatment pays well for the parents, husband and inlaws in the future.

Parents mistake to overspend on first kid.

If i was in the same situation, i would pile up resentment in my mind against parents and would always feel bad for the inequality that inturn has some effect on H and at inlaws house once married.

shravs3 and nakshatra1 like this.
  10. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I was talking with a friend who came back after dropping off their third and last child to college. She was in an introspective mood and we were talking about the different natures of their kids, how each did in school, who needed how much guidance, pushing... I commented to her that she is a stickler for doing things equally for the kids. Like, getting a college counselor for third child also, even though by now she knows enough to start her own college admissions counselling service for three very different majors.

Her response was something to this effect:
    When your child does not get something you think he deserves, such as an AP course that school gave other students and denies to your child on flimsy grounds, you go and talk with school counselor strongly if needed. If your child doesn't get admission in a college and other kids get in to everyone's surprise, it hurts like hell.

If your child doesn't get from someone in the world something he wants, needs or deserves, it hurts you so much. If you cannot give your child something he wants or needs, it hurts you more than it hurts him. You cannot sleep. It keeps going on in your mind. It eats away at you inside.

When you hurt so much at his not getting something from the world, how much will it hurt him to not get something from you, his own parent, that his siblings got?​

With the AP course and other examples, she effectively put her finger on many of my recent dukhti rugs : ) Raw nerves. Or Achilles heels.

sindmani likes this.