1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Who Is Coming For Dinner For Christmas

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sunkan, Dec 24, 2007.

1. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

So what is getting ready in your kitchen this Christmas:
    Would love to know what you baked, were there khuls khuls, rose cookies, and adirasam, and masala vada, and what is your menu, I am sure it is going to be some non veg.

<st1:country-region w:st="on">Turkey</st1:country-region> price gone up in <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Bangalore</st1:place></st1:City> they say don’t know what my friends would do.. May be they would indulge in getting it anyway. So hope you all come up with what you bake and what are your famous receipes and who is coming this winter and Christmas, parents? Friends? Children? I would love to peek into your home filled with the aroma of eats and twinkles of lights the well decorated Christmas trees and of course the santa. Who plays one in your home, your uncles? Or friends? How do you celebrate them, do share here, let this be a place of sharing and discussing, would love to have a piece of your home baked cake yaar…sunkan

2. lathamohan

lathamohan Bronze IL'ite

Dear sunkan,
    I love christmas very much why not even my dear daughter birthday falls on 25th Dec. Usually try to bake cake or sometimes get from outside, this christmas going to bake some cookies and my daughters favourite choclate cake(chitvish recipe).
    Every year I keep gifts for my children in our balcony or window side saying Santa as kept gifts for u ,still my son (11yrs) and daughter(8yrs) belive Santa brings them gifts, this year also waiting eagerly for their gifts.
    Merry Christmas to you, :party
    love,
    latha

3. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sunkan

Another timely thread from you.
    Well, not much of baking aroma this time in my house! I did bake some cashew and pecan nut cookies last week and they are all gone now!
    We bought a yummy Christmas Stollen made with marzipan,nuts, raisins, angelica etc and even that has been eaten up with relish, a slice or two is left! Stollen , by the way, is the German equivalent to fruit cake.
    We will be going to our daughter's place to celebrate X-mas and she keeps her menu a surprise for us, hence have no idea what is cooking in her kitchen! I will be taking a cake with me which is yet to be baked... Aromas will soon waft in my house, I guess:)
    Presents, oh yes, there are some for my kids...especially for our little grand ones!

L, Kamla

4. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear kamla,
    these eats and drinks could be always there, but the best gift is to get the promotion at the right time, i envy your statement for the little grand ones, wish to enjoy that soon, and pl don't forget to elaborate on how you enjoyed and what you ate, this is the special occasion and each feeling and its little nuances are to be written down to experience it again...sunkan

5. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

so sweet latha,
    i love this concept of a mother maintaining santa is coming, and they should behave well and write down the list and so on, building dreams of another land and some blessings, wonderful yaar, great keep it up.. by the way merry christmas and a very happy new year to u...sunkan