1. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

Who influenced your decision to be a...- Poll for Nov 6th to Nov 12th, 2005

Discussion in 'Weekly Quick Polls' started by Induslady, Nov 6, 2005.

Who most influenced your decision to be a stay-at-home woman?

1. No one, it was my decision

6 vote(s)
    46.2%
  2. Husband

3 vote(s)
    23.1%
  3. Parents

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  4. In-Laws

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Children

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  6. Other

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  1. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello Ladies,

This week we thought we will poll about the stay-at-home women. Yeah...it is about the category of women who were earlier addressed as 'housewife(s)' and later came to be called as 'home makers'. Now-a-days, if you are not a woman working outside the home and also if you have kids to look after, you are also addressed as 'stay-at-home moms'.

Now, here we are going to poll about women (with or without kids), but staying at home and taking care of each and everything for the home & family, not going outside the home for work.

It is not an easy decision to become a stay-at-home woman. Most women study with different career aspirations, they would have worked being a spinster, but would have quit their job/career either after marriage or after having kids. Now, who plays a major role in influencing this decision - to become a stay-at-home woman? That's going to be this week's poll.

Take the poll, cast your votes and share your ideas if you wish...

2. Shakthi

Shakthi Senior IL'ite

Joint decision

It was a joint decision by me and my husband.

Interesting poll, would like to see the majority votes!

3. rathi

rathi Bronze IL'ite

I'm the only one...

I think so far I'm the only one who voted as 'Parents'.

They did not actually tell me stay-at-home, but I had both my parents working when I went to school/college. I always had felt that I did not get to spend enough time with my mom, I did not have her for my school meetings/functions, etc. The same with my mom - she felt many times that she was not doing justice to me as well as her job while trying to balance both work and home.

So I decided to stay at home when I got married, so that I can spend time figuring out to do some home based business and that will give flexibility when I have my kids around.

4. poojitha

poojitha New IL'ite

Staying at home because of legal restrictions

I'm at home not going for work outside because of the legal restrictions in the USA/Canada. Would like to get things sorted out sooner to go for work.