1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

WHO DOES WHAT........Your spouse and your routine.

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by sridivya, Jan 26, 2010.

1. kavya007

kavya007 Gold IL'ite

I agree with that. I also started yoga and meditation after being sleep deprived for a year after I entered motherhood. Meditation helps you get rid of the fatigue and helps you to rest more deeply. This is my routine.

Wake up: 5:45 AM
    Yoga: 6:00 - 7:00
    Cooking - 7:00 - 8:30
    I have started making a fruit and nut smoothie everyday for me and DH.
    8:30 - Bath and leave for work.

Back home by 7:30 PM
    Spend time with my DS and do some hatha yoga.
    Cooking Dinner for DH - 9:00 PM.
    Watch TV & relax till 10:30 PM

DH Routine:
    Wake up: 7:30 AM
    8:00 - 9:00 AM - Get DS ready for school, breakfast
    9:15 AM - Drops off DS at school and heads off to work.
    5:00 PM - Leaves work to pick up DS
    6:00 - 7:30 PM - Give DS a bath and feeds him his evening cereal
    7:30 - 8:30 - Yoga
    9:00 - Feeds DS dinner
    9:30 - Dinner, loading dishwasher
    10:00 - 10:30 - Get DS ready for bed. Reading stories etc

Weekend:
    We both get up a bit late and take it as it comes. One day he goes for volunteering work and the next day I go. I finish up weekly grocery. Both of us do our respective laundaries. DH does DS laundry.

Kavya.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2010
  2. Anuradha00

Anuradha00 Bronze IL'ite

Nice thread.

My routine is as follows:

7:00 - 7:15 AM: Wake up, brush, get freshened up.

7:30 AM: Make tea / coffee, breakfast, and pack lunches for son and hubby.

7:30 - 8:00 AM: Husband helps son take a shower, and gets him ready for school.

8:00 - 8:30 AM: We eat breakfast, then husband and son leave for the office / school.

8:30 AM: I stretch a little bit, call mother or mil and head to the gym.

10:00 AM: Return from gym, shower, pray, surf the net, manage my blog etc.

10:30 AM to 12:00 PM: On Thursdays, I volunteer at my son's school. But on other days, I make phone calls, handle paperwork such as bills etc, check stock market and trade if needed (depending on how market is doing that day).

12:00 PM to 1:00 PM: Make dinner and have my own lunch.

1:00 to 2:30 PM: Do chore of the day (except for Thursday) such as vacuuming, gardening, laundry, meal planning, running errands / grocery shopping etc.

2:45 PM: Son returns from school.

3:00 PM to 7:00 PM: Son's jobs such as supervising his homework, making snacks for him or taking him to after school activities etc.

7:00 PM: Husband returns and we eat dinner.

7:30 PM to 9:00 PM: We spend family time together, talking about our day, playing board games such as Monopoly, Scrabble or Chess etc, watching a movie sometimes, or going to the library or mall etc.

9:00 to 10:00 PM: Husband puts son to sleep and goes to bed himself. I prepare the next day's lunch and put it in the fridge.

10:00 PM to 11:00 PM: Read, blog, or surf the net.

11:00 PM: Go to bed.

Although it might sound mundane, I love my routine and the predictability it offers me. I don't handle confusion and chaos very well, so a set routine is very important for me.

3. icyspicy

icyspicy Senior IL'ite

Weekdays

6:30 am - me and DH get up...dh goes for bath...i prepare bfast & packhid tiffin for lunch
    7:00 -Dh leaves for office
    7:15 - 7:30 : I wash my face & get ready for morning walk
    7:30 - 8:00 - 8:30 : Return from morning walk ,have a bath
    8:30 - 10:30 : take rest
    10:30 -11:30 : Get up ,have bfast & wash dishes left my Inlaws who get up at 9:30

11:30-12:00 : tidy room
    12 :00 - 1:30 pm : prepare 2 currys & rice for lunch & dinner ,wash all dishes and set everything on table for me & mil & dil
    2:00 - 3:00 : have lunch & wash dishes ,finish work
    3:00 - 5:00 : relax ,sit on net while inlws r sleeping till 5:30pm
    5:00 - 5:30 : make tea for inlws & husband and keep (i dont drink often) and get ready for evening walk
    6:00 pm - 7:30 : got for evening walk,return & have bath ,pray
    7:30 -8:30 : make tea ready for dh who comes home at 8:00 ,make rotis for dinner for me & dh

8:00 :dh comes homes (sits in front of tv or talks to his paretns till 9:30 )
    9:30-10:30 :dh leave for gym and returns at 10:30 ,i have my dinner cos of gas problem
    10:30 - 11:00 : returns n has a bath
    11:00 pm :dh has his dinner ,i wait and then again was remaining dishes ,work finishes by 11:30

11:30 -01 am :dh sits opn laptop or talks to parents or watch tv
    1:30:dh comes to room to sleep

This shedules we hardly have time to spend time with each other or talk also

Weekends

after dh returns home on thursday (fri & sat is holiday )

12:00 am :dh puts a movie and all 4 of us watch movies till 3:am
    3:00 am : somehow force my dh to goto sleep but by then hes tired n v dont have time for intimacy
    Friday : 12pm : get up late cos slept late previous day
    1:00 pm - prepare lunch,have bath & pray
    3:00 pm- 4:00 : have lunch ,wash dishes
    4:00 - 5:00 : dh sits with parents again and chats ,not time for us to spend alone again ,
    5:00 : i go n make tea
    5:30 - 7:00 :dh still is with parents & plans to go out

evening wegot out return by 12:am then again same routine as thursday ,retun and watch movie till 3 am then sleep ...saturday goes same as friday

4. reshmirn

reshmirn Bronze IL'ite

Nice thread. found it interesting to go through the lives of dear ILs ..
    Here's mine a home maker's routine.. Not at all a peron with any sort of planning (thats my personal opinion abt myself)
    5:00am - wake up. Prepare coffee/tea , oats cereal, prepare n pack breakfast + some snack for DH.
    5:30 am – DH wakes up. Or else he snoozes his alarm and then I go wake him up..!
    6:00- 6:15am – DH leaves for office. I freshen up myself, pack bag for my pre-school kid with breakfast,snacks etc, arrange breakfast for my dad (sometimes I have it then)
    7:30 am – wake up DS and get him ready, myself too get ready at the same time.
    8:00am – to playschool with DS and my dad..
    8:30- 9:30am – have breakfast , surf net / relax.
    9:30-11 am – prepare lunch (the typical kerala lunch), wash utensils, cleaning rooms (this I may do in the afternoon if lazy in the morning or else if cooking takes more time)
    11am – arrange table for lunch, take bath, get ready..
    11:45 am – go to pick DS.
    12 – 12:15 pm – back home, bathe DS, feed him lunch, while he is playing around me and dad have our lunch, then wash utensils, get DS ready for a nap and a nap for myself too at 1:30 – 2pm.
    4:00 pm – if utensils not washed/ kitchen not cleaned/ rooms not tidy finish off all that now before DS wakes up. Once he is up he lets me do no work..! timing from now on is almost unpredictable..:hide:
    Gotta prepare dosa/idli batter for the next day. Snack for DS..feed him (gr8 task)
    5:30pm – DH arrives, has his ‘lunch’ and by now will be too tired and so lies down on sofa with remote in hand scanning through channels. Me too sit beside, DS starts his own ‘activities’ either to drive us crazy :bonkor creates a lively atmosphere.
    By 6:30 – dad arrives, tea/snack for him, again TV/ chat with them for a while or else..
    6:30/7 pm – 8-8:30 pm - prepare dinner
    9:00pm – feed DS and get him ready to bed (but this guy won’t sleep until his dad is on bed..so tht’ll be around 10:30pm. )
    9:30-10 pm – dinner time, sometimes wash utensils or else leave that for the next day ( I used to hate this but can’t help these days…)
    10:30 pm - SLEEP
    Friday ,Saturday holidays for DH and DS…so sleep till 9am..prepare bf, then lunch (have lunch around2-3pm) and sleep till 5-6pm..then shopping/outing..

5. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

Interesting.
    - I get up early, reset the alarm to a later time for DH & DS.
    - take bath, pray, prepare breakfast, cook lunch for DH
    - in the meantime, DH takes bath, gives bath to DS (BIG help for me)
    - they both say a quick 'hello' to God and come for breakfast
    - I serve DH and feed DS and attend kitchen hand in hand
    (Did I say, I love multitasking?)
    - One of us would drop DS in school depending on our schedule
    - I happily juggle between my tasks and home keeping till evening
    - I squeeze in my ME times as per the day's priorities
    - In between I drop lunch to DS, volunteer at school if my time permits
    - Early evening, I pick up DS from school, feed him
    - DS plays with his friends for a while
    - I then turn into his designated driver and take him to extra classes
    - I help DS with homework while I
    --- Cook dinner, do little housekeeping to keep it spic and span
    --- Wash face and Get ready for DH's much anticipated arrival
    --- Light an incense stick in puja room
    --- Relax with IL
    - DH comes home
    - Unwinds on couch with DS
    - While they reconnect
    --- I make coffee for DH, wash his lunch box
    - Serve dinner for DH while we talk about our day
    - We watch some TV program while I eat mine
    - I take one last ounce of my ME time.. I brush my teeth and retire to bed with my laptop
    - While I browse or listen to song or read or whatever
    --- DH and DS have their 'them time'.. may be play air hockey, ball indoor, talk..
    --- DH and DS brush teeth
    - They join me in bed
    (hold your breath.. some of you! Our LO sleeps between us.. we prefer it that way for few more months)
    - I quit my laptop.
    - Lights go off and our talk starts
    - We will be talking something.. teasing one another.. DS would say something funny and we may LOL .. sometimes DH and I giggle at the cop's extended duty into the late hours. Like DH would look at me and DS would pull his dad into his comforter and so DH cannot see me..
    the laughs will go on for sometime and I will announce a curfew. Then all 3 will be no talk, few giggles and slowly fall asleep.

And thus goes a typical day.

Weekends..
    - we get up late
    - DH manages to pull us out of the home to roam around
    - Or if I win, we take the day real slow and relax at home
    - Or DH may work for sometime
    - Sometimes he goes out to play tennis with friends..

No fixed routine for weekends.