1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

WHO DOES WHAT........Your spouse and your routine.

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by sridivya, Jan 26, 2010.

1. sridivya

sridivya New IL'ite

Here, I am with my routine. The day I posted this question here and started this thread, I was extremely busy and amidst all that this it struck me as to what ILites and their spouses's typical day would be like. Was just curious but too busy to post my side. Anyway, my routine is :-----

ME:

Wake up at 4am
    Stretching, yoga till 5 am
    Wake up dh at 5am
    Make fresh fruit juice for myself and peel oranges for juice for kids and dh till 5:15am
    Make breakfast + pack lunch till 5:30 am

Start waking up dd's ....they get up at 5:45am
    Finish their work and send off to bus stop or dh drops them at 7am
    House empty by 7am
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Check emails, surf internet till 7:30......my relaxation.
    While I was working I would start getting ready then and leave at 8:30am.
    Now, I stay home so I go for morning walk/gym by 8am
    Return at 9/9:15am, If it is the assigned day to do cleaning bathrooms then I will finish that first then go for shower. I have assigned a chore for each day.
    Bath/Shower at 9:30/10am
    Puja for 5 mins.
    Breakfast and Tea then while calling Parents/Sister.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    10/10:30 AM= Check on my to-do list, clear junk and shred unwanted bills, check closets and fix the house over all. Light Vacuuming mostly high traffic areas.

If I need to go out for shopping or library I will start at 10:30/11am and try to be back by 12/1pm for lunch. Otherwise if it is the day I do laundry or other stuff at home then I start by that time and try to finish by lunch time.

12pm OR 1pm is lunch time.
    Lunch= Veges made previous night as I have to pack lunch boxes for dh and dds. I just have to make rice/roti.

After lunch I sit with my needle work etc. and start preparation for dinner like cutting veges or kneading dough.

Sometimes, 1:30/45 my friend comes over or I go to her house. We just chat till kids come home while we do our work.
    Kids come home by 2;30pm

Kids play till 4pm.
    Then we sit for HW ,music practice etc.
    Dinner at 7pm, Put kids to bed by 8:30pm then load dishwasher, clean kitchen and cook next day's lunch get into bed by 9pm. Update my to-do list for next day. Read till 10pm then sleep.

DH routine, you can see here is
    5am wakes up
    stretching yoga exercise and get ready to go to office,breakfast and leave by 7am
    comes home by 7pm, dinner at 7:30, watch TV,laptop and then get into bed reads for an hour and sleeps.
    He is a HAPPY SOUL!!

Weekends: Almost same for me/dh except that waking up is one hour later. Kids activities, movies, parties, temple etc on weekends.

My weekly assigned chores: Linen laundry on alternate Mondays. Whole house vacuuming every Monday.
    Bathroom cleaning is Tuesdays
    Ironing for whole family, Kitchen overall cleaning and checking groceries and making shopping list is Wednesdays.
    Vegetable and Grocery shopping is Thursdays
    Planning on menu for a week and whole family laundry, make snacks on Fridays

Saturdays and Sundays I keep free from all house work so we can have maximum family time.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2010
  2. Priya16

Priya16 IL Hall of Fame

Wow sridivya,

I can't even dream to get up at 4am.

If you are sleeping 10pm to 4 am means you are getting just 6 hours sleep.
    I don't hink I can handle just for a single day your schdule.

3. radsahana

radsahana Silver IL'ite

hey sridivya

You are so meticulously organized, assigning each day for each work, that is a good idea though.:thumbsup

I myself do yoga, one of my friend and i do at my home aroudn 11.30 am, but i cant wake up 5 am, that is for sure.:).

4. sridivya

sridivya New IL'ite

Priya, Thanks!

Actually, Priya, if you practice yoga, then 6 hrs of sleep is enough. Yoga itself gives you so much energy and I have read and heard from yoga practitioners that for a normal, healthy human being 6 hrs of sleep is enough. When I asked couple of yoga practitioners then why do they say 8 hrs of sleep is required they all said the same thing that when you do not have any proper physical exercise be it through yoga, aerobics, or any physical work all these leading to overall workout, then you actually do not have sound sleep. So, normally doctors give you that slack of 1-2 hrs extra which is not required if your body gets really tired out. They also say once you hit the pillow, you need to fall asleep and that is healthy, not tossing and turning.

I forgot to mention that I involve in my kids class voluntary work too so that also takes away so much of my time some days. I am the kind of person who wants to be busy always:spin and dh is just the opposite....:rotfl

Please try yoga....... it will be very helpful in keeping your energy levels balanced!:my2cents

5. sridivya

sridivya New IL'ite

GOOD that you are practicing yoga!! Radsahana.
    The reason they say early morning is because your mind is calm and even the surrounding is quiet. Also, they say our body is made to work during the day and rest at night. So, to get the maximum output dawn is the perfect time to awaken all your senses.

Anyway, try one small step at a time. Maybe, you can slowly bring back your time each week and finally set it to early morning.

:thumbsup
    Sridivya

6. Priya16

Priya16 IL Hall of Fame

Sridivya ,

I think basically your personality too.Some people doesn't like to sleep more hours may be you are one kind.True yoga gives more energy but it has to be built in personality to do the things early morning.

If my husband sees your schdule he would be jumping.He always wishes women should get up early and do the house hold stuff and give him a breakfast.I am no way near to that.

I would get up 7am or I can do just little bit early like 6.30am but not before 6am.It's not just me:notthatway:

Last edited: Jan 29, 2010
  7. sridivya

sridivya New IL'ite

Priya,
    I think GOD picks up 2 opposites and makes a match.:biglaugh:biglaugh

Some days, when I am getting out of the bed, usually during weekends, dh just pulls me back and shouts "SLEEP!!!....world is JUST FINE"!!
    Once, I wake up I just cannot go back to sleep.....no matter what!:bonk

8. Swasha

Swasha Gold IL'ite

Hi,

I am a house wife, Our routine is as follows

Weekdays
    ----------
    7.30AM: me and my DH wakes up, DH takes bath while i prepare fresh breakfast, rotis and rice.
    8.15: Pack rotis and rice with yesterday night's curries
    8.30: DH finishes breakfast and leave for office, we dont drink tea or coffe
    8.40: I brush and exercise for some time.
    9.30: Finish my breakfast
    10.00: clean utensils and arrange things in the home.
    11.00: browse net for some time
    12.30: Eat lunch with yesterdays curries
    1.30: watch programs in TV
    3.00: I have a knitting hobby, started knitting table cloth. so knit a table cloth for somtime
    4.00: Clean utensils and prepare 2 curries for night and for tommorrows lunch
    6.00: Take bath
    6.30: My husband normally comes by this time.He vacuums whole house.Spend talking to him while
    he freshens up, chat for some time
    8.00: finish dinner while watching some movie
    10.30: Goes to bed

Weekends
    ----------
    we both normally wakes up around 11am..my husband prepares break fast, lunch....finish lunch by 2pm and go out for roaming in mall. return back by 8pM AND I PREPARE DINNER WHILE MY HUSBAND HELPS IN CUTTING VEGGIES.whatch a movie and sleep around 2am

Swasha

9. priya g

priya g Senior IL'ite

hey srividya..i am gald that you have supported yoga and how we do not require lits of hours of sleep when we do a physical work out! I am gald that I have company with you....yoga and some skipping has thinned me down considerably and I am so happy about it!

10. cutekid

cutekid Silver IL'ite

Hi,

I am working women, Our routine is as follows

Weekdays
    ----------
    7.00AM: me and my DH wakes up, DH takes bath while i prepare fresh breakfast,Simple bread omlet,poha,dosa,noodles etc.Make rice for lunch,pack lunch
    7.30: Bath,Pooja & get ready for work
    8.00: Leave for office
    6.00PM: I will come back home,by bus & walk.
    6.30: start making dinner/curries for lunch,dough for rotis.
    8.00pm: prepare fresh roti's,now I am pregnant hence my hubby will help in making Roti's
    9.00: clean utensils and arrange things in the home.
    11.00: Go to bed

Weekends
    ----------
    we both normally wakes up around 8.30am.. break fast, lunch....finish lunch by 2pm and go out for roaming in evening. my hubby comes with for shopping groceries & veggies on weekends.He helps me in ironing.I do all the cooking.