1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Who does the housework?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Amica, Feb 19, 2016.

1. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

2 people like this.

2. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

In our home, DH helps with cooking/laundry only if I'm sick or if I specifically ask him to do something. We have a very traditional marriage in some ways and it works well for both of us. I guess we are both comfortable in our roles because that's what we grew up seeing.

3. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

IMHO (in my humble opinion), every couple is unique and different in these dynamics. Across the board, broad surveys are not helpful (IMO)

1 person likes this.
  4. aspha

aspha Gold IL'ite

In my house DH does laundry, cleaning and helping with baby. He does his brush, bath and breakfast and then go to office. I am really blessed to have him as my life-partner. Thanks to his schooling and my MIL (though I don't get along with her that's another story!). She made sure her both kids (my DH and SIL) know basic cooking and household chores!

5 people like this.
  5. NeetaR

NeetaR Silver IL'ite

Superb ad. I hope it strikes a chord .... DH does help out in whatever way he can,
    so no complaints from my side on this issue.

1 person likes this.
  6. inboxsweetee

inboxsweetee Gold IL'ite

Ad is lovely. Ad campaigns may not change anyone but atleast they will feel guilt if they realize.

2 people like this.
  7. lavii

lavii Gold IL'ite

Such a sensible ad..Loved it.
    Usually i do the entire chores however dh doesn't mind pitching in if needed.

1 person likes this.
  8. StrongLady

StrongLady Silver IL'ite

Well my husband like most of the husbands do pitch in when required or when i ask for etc. But not always, he has some dull days, tired days, more work days where he will be in his own world but for me or most of women it is every day house work which cannot be escaped.

4 people like this.
  9. samsWait

samsWait Silver IL'ite

Very nice ad.We both pitch in household work. I guess in our family at least from my father's side and grandfather's side there is no example of men bossing around and women doing all the work. My grandfather used to be like that but as they aged and as I matured I only saw role reversals. So I am not really familiar with doing all the household work by myself. This ad makes sense we become what we are now by examples set by our parents. And I also saw only a few of my male friends not doing at least some kind of housework. Most boast about not going into the kitchen when they are not in a group but I saw them actually helping their wives when we paid secret visits to their houses :). So I think this generation change is definitely coming.

1 person likes this.
  10. samsWait

samsWait Silver IL'ite

There is a friend who claims not going into the kitchen but once there was an argument with his wife he was saying I do all the work for you I am vexed :) And there is another guy who really cooks well but drops everything if anyone comes to know that he is cooking. Talk about ego!!

1 person likes this.