Who am I? - Part II

Discussion in 'New Member Area' started by Induslady, Mar 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shobagirish

shobagirish New IL'ite

Hey

iam shoba .Married and i ve 2 kids ( naughty yet adorable boyz ) we moved to Austin TX 3 mts back . We were in chennai before !! I miss chennai a lottttt.(what a happening place) !!

i was jus looking for sundara kandham slokas i came across thz website !! Its quite informative .

i wud love to interact with u guys n wud also love to know if any of u live in Austin ,,....& if :yes:i will b very happy :wave

bii
    shoba

2. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

Hi Chilikutti, Sunitha, Sonia and Shobha (wow lots of S, huh ;) )

Welcome to IndusLadies !!!

Hope you enjoy your stay here :)

3. glatha

glatha New IL'ite

Hai friends,
    I am latha.I came to USA in 6 months back with H4 visa.
    7 months back i got married.
    I studied Master of computer application(2007) in AP,India.Now I am
    living in FREMONT,CA,USA.I applied H1 visa in this year.I am
    waiting for that visa.
    My hobbies are make a new friends,chatting with friends and
    cooking.

lathaBow

4. Sage

Sage New IL'ite

I am Sage (screen name only) I was born and raised in Austin, TX but I have been living in the Middle East for the last 5 years. 3 of which were spent in Alexandria, Egypt and the last 2 in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. I am of mixed ethnicity, my mother is African-Native American and my father is Spanish-Native American. I do not have any Asia ancestors that I am aware of, but the culture of India especially appeals to me very much. The only cultures that have done so to me has been my Native American-Spainsh ancestry and Celtic tradition.

Every since seeing a National Geographic magazine special on India when I was about 10, I have been mezmorized by anything Indian. I began wearing the salwar kameeze at 16 and started wearing the sari at about 18, but only for a short time. I have recently discovered where to buy decent priced saris here in Saudi, so I may practice wearing them. Some would laugh at me and wonder how can such a person such as myself wear a sari or salwar kit when I am not Indian whatsoever. To be honest this is me, a gobal citizen of the world.

So if you made through all that, congratulations :) Anyway, I am looking to make some friends who perhaps share my love for all things Indian who is here in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.

Sage

5. Priya84

Priya84 New IL'ite

Hi Guys,

My name is Priya. I'm new to this site and new to Orange County.I live in Lake Forest.I used to work as S/W Engg in India.Have applied for my H1-B Visa.I'm tired sitting at home.Like they say An idle mind is Devil's workshop,I don't want to be idle.So far its been good. Havn't been bored that much.I keep watching movies and go to the gym.I've somehow managed to keep myself busy so far.But I have no one to talk to here.No relatives,no friends.Back in India it was so much fun used to hand out with friends,had such a independent life.I miss having fun.I miss being myself.Hope my Visa comes through.Pray for me.

6. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

Hey Sage,

Welcome to IndusLadies!!! Hope you have a great time here :)

No, no one will feel that way, actually they would be happy that you love a culture that you are not even born too. I am impressed. Hope you get to meet some local friends thru IL and have fun!!

Nice meeting you :)

Hey Priya... I understand :) dont worry its just for a while. Once the summer is here, you can go outing and have lots of fun. Best wishes for getting the visa :)

7. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Hi,

I am lalitha for all. I cam upon this site while checking for recipes and have become a great fan of Chitvish from Day 1. I am few months old here and enjoying it v.much.

I am fully employed and mother of two kids. Coming from a orthodox background but you won't find my thinking like that.......its quite opposite.

To IL: Il has given me the identity and indivuality I was craving for. Thanx a lot for that. I am really discovering myself here.

8. Padmasini

Padmasini New IL'ite

Dear Ladies

I am padmasini, a middle class woman from Chennai. I am like every other Indian woman struggling to find meaning in the middle of a busy life. I feel responsible for every one who is important to me. I can't shop for myself without feeling a little guilty inside. I wish to be the best daughter, best wife, best mother and best friend and yet I think i can never really fulfill my wish. I love to meet people and get to know how they lead their lives. I laugh at my worries, cry when i'm happy and feel on top of the world every moment I realise that I'm helping someone. I also believe I'm different from everyone else. I am my unique self, and i always try to be. I make and own my decisions and every morn i wake up to the feeling that my life can't get any better. Very happy to be a part of this site and eager to know all the wonderful ladies who are a part of it.

Loads of Love, Padmasini

9. pranitha

pranitha New IL'ite

Hey Indus ladies,

I am glad to be a part of this wonderful site .It is like home for those who miss their family and espescially for NRI's.
    Iam from Hyderabad currently living in Springs,COLORADO. I am a home maker with 2 kids ,daughter in elementary and son in middle school.I love cooking , spending time with kids and watching movies. Iam also spiritual and believe in Shirdi Sai and love to celebrate all our festivals. I also like singing .Listen to music.
    Currently iam planning to take up some work from home job,hopefully i will be successful in finding one with the help of you ladies.
    I also dont miss to work out almost everyday for 1 hr .Thats all I can sum up about me and hopefully you will help me with any advices / suggestions that are needed in near future .
    Thanks all
    Pranitha

Last edited: Mar 21, 2008
  10. geethakk

geethakk New IL'ite

Re: A New Comer to IndusLadies ? - Tips for you.

Hi,
    I am a new member who joined this IL 2 days back. I am happy that I joined this IL as I am alone and with this membership, I will have lot of friends in and around the world to chat, discuss and spend our life with valuable suggestions / guidance. I am so happy to find this link. More in next
    geethBow

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.