Who Am I? - Part I

Discussion in 'New Member Area' started by kavya, Aug 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shatiksha

shatiksha Guest

Re: Who Am I?

HI CHELLA, THIS IS SHATIKSHA FROM UP, I'VE MADE MANY (GLASS) PAINTINGS AND ALSO I TEACH STUDENTS 'ARTS AND CRAFT'. WHAT IS UR'S FAV. PASS TIME?
    REP ME SOON.
    TAKE CARE, BYE.
    SHATIKSHA, UR NEW FRIEND:wink:

2. shenbagam

shenbagam New IL'ite

hello indus ladies, i am thrilled to join this group - iam from trichy,s.india--speak tamil--living in usa for >20yrs in the suburbs of boston-- went to medical school in pondicherry, practising for more than 18yrs-- in the small amount free time i have , i hang around in book stores to see what the young indian-americans are writing these days- to understand how they make the transitions in their lives--love to travel--fantasizing about retirement- i travel once a yr. to chennai to visit my ageing parents--thrilled to be a part of IL -exciting!thankx-shenbagam.

3. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Re: Tips on writing "Who am I?"

Hi ILites

I am Mala and people call me mals. I am thorough Mumbaikar.

I live alone and in my own flat here in Navi Mumbai.

I am a Science Graduate with strings of Diplomas - HR, Journalism, Beautician, Executive Secretary, Astrology, Vaastu. There was a phase in my life during which I earned those Diplomas.

I am associated with a leading MNC and hold a senior post (HR). I also run my own firm which is doing well.

I am rather like counselor for all and sundry right from my school days. People come to me with their problems and I am solving them like an "Agony Aunt". I have men, women, children who disclose their deepest secrets and problems with me. Even when my parents were around they would not go to them. Well, till date I have not broken anybody's trust and have always helped them.

I am the Chairperson of my Society and Wack the members who do not follow the Society guidelines. Well being a leader you have to face the bricks. That makes me more stronger.

I always believed in myself and my vision for my future.

For all gals out there, I have only one advice, follow your gut feelings and you will be successful. Do not buckle. Have the courage to tread the paths which no one has ever treaded. Do not waste your life. It is very precious. Enjoy, have fun, go out, meet people, do not judge each and every one you meet, it will make life boring, since you dont have to live with them. Learn to give benefit of doubt. March ahead. You have it in you. Thats the reason my threads in Indus Lady site is always bold and bizzare. I am definitely ambitious ( but no compromises), bold, courageous, fun loving (extremely), have a very good sense of humour, most sort after person during crisis as well as during parties (great mix na), romantic (rainy days, flowers, soft music, shady lights, beaches, togetherness), goal oriented ( fixed vision, come what may), play to win (hard core)
    My hobbies include reading, writing, travelling, gardening, cooking, listening to music, movies like thrillers, suspense, comedy ( no teleserials please, no melodramtic movies), decorating, learning ( like to learn new things), cleaning (always - a freak rather). I am religious and I believe in God. I draw my strenght from him.

I am single and its my preference. I am not against marriage. But, I have yet to meet that man. In most cases it is being there done that. So men have nothing to boast about when I am around. I am very quick at fixing things, taking decisions, sorting out matters and above all I respect people who respect others feelings. I do not like any person on this earth who wants to change the other person according to his or her convenience. One should respect the other persons view and let them do what they want to do. In case they err I am there for you. That should be the attitude. 90% of the people lead life with suffocation. Few speak others surrender saying thats what life is all about.

To know more about me get me on Indus Lady.
    Woof Woof...... Mals saying bye till we meet again.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2007
  4. RajiA

RajiA New IL'ite

Hi there,

I am Rajalakshmi, currently living in US. I moved to US and got married two years ago. I met my husband in Delhi, when he was visiting his parents. His dad runs an american company in Delhi, and I used to be his mom's secretary eight years ago. After 10 months we got engaged in Delhi, and go married in US (because of immigration laws and all that nice stuff). We are expecting our first child in November.

I am originally from Delhi, although my parents are from the south (Dad from Madurai and Mom from Palakkad). I speak fluent tamil and, of course, hindi. I am back in school now to be Dietetic Technician. I have a younger brother who is getting married in Feb., and I can't wait to be there. I love cooking, reading, surfing the net and getting together with friends.

I guess that's it. Oh, last but not the least - we have two fur babies - a six year old Shiba Inu and an year old Lab/Collie mix.

5. kdrml

kdrml New IL'ite

I am a person who loves this world

Hello,
    I am Rani from Trichur, Kerala. I am simply a nice person. :)
    I will write more about me later.

6. ilknoor

ilknoor New IL'ite

hello ladies
    i am ilknoor, from kenya. i am an accountant, and i stay with my family. i think this is a great idea to have all the indian ladies from all over the world interacting like this. my ancestors were from india, the bhuj section. but my grandparents were born in kenya, and so was i. i have never been to india, but wish to visit it. i am a muslim, i love cooking and reading, making friends, travelling. i am a supporter of the womens rights! :yes:
    its nice to be a part of your community. thanx
    love,
    ilknoor

7. RajiA

RajiA New IL'ite

Hey Ilknoor and Rani, welcome to Indus ladies. I am new here, too, but I see a big support group on this site, which is a blessing.

Raj

8. Raagaswarupa

Raagaswarupa New IL'ite

Who Am I?

Hello everyone,

Greetings from Malaysia!!! I'm Shobha and I was born and brought up in warm and friendly Malaysia by my grandparents, two wonderful people who are simple, affectionate and loving. They hail from Kerala and migrated to Malaysia in the 1940s and made a home for themselves and children here.
    They are my first Gurus who nurtured and provided for me since I was a child. My grandmom left us suddenlt one early morning in her sleep 2 1/2 years back and it had undoubtedly created a great void in my life. ]
    I have a keen interest in Music, Spirituality, Reading and Nature, taking after my grandparents, especially my grandmom.. I came across this site while looking for some Stothras and was very happy and thankful to note the wealth of knowledge and also the giving heart of many here. Especially the Vilakku Stothram that starts wiyh "Vilakke Thiruve", something my Grandmom used to recite every morning without fail, when lighting the Vilakku and which I learnt by listening to her.
    I'm happy to be a part of this group and hope to keep in touch with all of you.

Thank you very much!!

Love from Malaysia,
    Pranams,
    Shobha

9. sreshta

sreshta New IL'ite

Hi!
    In brief, I am a home maker, mother of two teenagers .My mother tongue is tamil . I am interested in music and reading.
    I think my strength is positive attitude and weakness is frankness .
    Hope to help, share and learn from all of you here..
    Love
    Sreshta

Last edited: Aug 3, 2007
  10. sgayathrii

sgayathrii New IL'ite

hai friends,

iam gayathri

nice to meet u all through this community......
    I like this site very much becauz Iam a begineer in Cooking..:-D

I can see so many useful tips through this site

thanks u all

keep in touch
    bye 4 nw

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.