Who Am I? - Part I

Discussion in 'New Member Area' started by kavya, Aug 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sariya

Sariya New IL'ite

Re: Who am I?

Hello,

I am the crazy dreamer type, who writes poetry!

I am also a young wife, 29 years old - married 9 months ago. As far as my education goes, its been all over the place - my profile has the details.

I was born in Mumbai, my father is South Indian (from Kerala), Mom - North Indian. I spent my childhood initially in Bahrain and later in India - both Mumbai and Ernakulam and now after marrying I live in the UK! My hubby is from Mumbai too and his mother tongue is Gujrati!

I was born a Roman Catholic, but converted to Islam at the age of 16 after thouroughly studying comparative religion.

Well, the only thing that seems constant about my life is 'change' and I feel blessed to have been given the opportunity to make my own decisions about life and its flow. As far as my ideals go - I stand for Truth, Peace and Justice. My beliefs - I am a stauch Muslim. I am proud to be an Indian, but realise the importance of being a World citizen.

I got here because of Sis Safa. I asked her for some information and she invited me here.

Thats it for now. Lemme know what more you girls wanna know about me.

Love
    Sariya

2. geeveein

geeveein New IL'ite

Dear All,

I am Geetha Vaidyanathan. At present settled in Chennai. Was brought up In kerala .After marriage went to uganda, bangladesh, and and Hongkong. Like travelling a lot. Now in Chennai. One son who is in class 9 and husband CA.

Geetha Vaidyanathan:wave

3. punegirl03

punegirl03 New IL'ite

Hi All,
    I am a new memeber of this site and i feel it is really very good and informative.So i would like to join this and want to become a part of it.
    I am from north part of india(western UP) and staying in USA since last 6yrs.My hubby is is IT field and i am having 2 beautiful girls.I am a home stayed mom and want to do some work from home.

I hope it will be a enjoyable journey.
    regds
    Punita:)

4. suma21

suma21 New IL'ite

<HR style="COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=1>
    Hi Friends,

I am Suma walking this earth from 30 years,i live in Newjersey basically born and brought up in Bangalore. I have done my Masters in Computer Applications and was working in software industry until my lil angle was born, now i am stay at home mom taking care of 18 month old cutie & planning to join the workforce soon.
    I like music ,cooking,spirituality and in my spare time love to browse & chat with friends.
    I enjoyed this forum so much that i decide to join in .Looking forward to know u all.

Have a great day,cheers:wave
    Suma

5. PriyaKiran

PriyaKiran New IL'ite

Hi Suma,I am from Mysore. How r u doing? Hope u know Kannada. We can know each other. Bye

6. Gem

Gem New IL'ite

Re:parimala

:wave Hello,
    My name is Parimala. I am a Malaysian but am currently in Melbourne to further my studies. My two children are with me. I wll be returning to Malaysia in two years time. Hope to have an enriching experience here in Australia and to get to know others through IndusLadies.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2007
  7. Sangeethabala

Sangeethabala New IL'ite

Hello Ladies,
    Iam Sangeetha,28 yrs old,living in Lausanne,Switzerland for the past 5 yrs.
    Iam married,have 2 little girls-Shrinidhi and Shweta.
    My hubby is Singaravelan working in an IT company in Lausanne.
    Iam a working lady too!

Basically iam from Chennai and my parents and inlaws all live there!I did my schooling in chennai(Alpha Matriculations) and did my Bachelors in Ethiraj college for women and parallely did a GNIIT course at NIIT.
    I like being a member in IL and found it to be quite interesting when i came across this site while browsing some cookery site in the net!
    I see that there is no member from Switzerland!

I love cooking all Variety foods(Indian cuisine-Vegetarian) and also love listening to music!
    So,look forward to actively take part in all discussions in future in IL!
    Love,
    Sangeetha.:2thumbsup:

8. sharmi

sharmi New IL'ite

Hi friends,
    this is SharmiBabu.i born n brought up in chennai.my mother tougue is telugu n i know tamil very well..i ve done my nutrition n dietitics and i ve been worked for one health care ltd..,now i am in shanghai with my husband..now i am VO here..i hope u all know...n i like to chat,listening music,painting,mehendi,,,,etc.my dad is doing bussiness n my mom is homemaker...see i am saggi so i used to dream all day...n my ambition want to be a very good manager at home n office..
    "Indusladies network is great network in the world which makes friends easier to communicate eachother..
    warm wishes
    from
    :wave Sharmi

9. karthbi

karthbi New IL'ite

Dear IndusLadies Community,
    I am living in Berlin - Germany. I am very glad I found this forum, because I wish to make friends and have interesting discussions.
    A little bit about myself: I love reading (literature and scientific books), I watch movies, but no TV (Soaps and stuff just bores me), I am sporty - even though sometimes a little lazy to go running in the morning, anyway, if age matters, I am 42, but appearing more like 33... I think they confused my real birthday in my passport... I am living in a partnership that brings me half of the year to Istanbul, so I am sitting inbetween cultures anyway.
    My profession is in the Media, for the last 10 years it was projects in filming industry, lately I started writing novels, before I was writing technical books and articles. I also love arts and archeology.
    I eat a lot of fresh fruits and salad, more in tendency of being a vegetarian I am avoiding meat, but honestly cannot resist Sushi meals. Also the indian cuisine is one of my favourites.
    Finally I have to admit that I am learning Hindi as a beginner - why? Well, I am german. Maybe some of you ladies are interested in contacting me.
    I am believing in a cross-cultural network of friends that can warm this planet with some better energy against the existing war forces.
    With regards,
    karthbi

10. chiku

chiku New IL'ite

Hi Friends,

I am 27 year old girl , working as a consultant in Bay area, its been 3 months since I am here. fairly New to US , have lived in Australia & UK before coming to US.

I am looking for friends of my age to catch up for Movies , shopping or just to hang out................I don't know much about this site , I just googled for Indians & came across this site.

I live in Bay area arnd Concord/ pleasant hill/walnut creek. If any single girl is looking for freinds can contact me.

Cheers..........
    Chiku

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.