Who Am I? - Part I

Discussion in 'New Member Area' started by kavya, Aug 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. safa

safa Bronze IL'ite

hi

Hi Jiia,
    welcome to IL!
    Seems you are very friendly...Hope to interact with you more..

2. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

Hey Everyone

Hi all,

Just thought of posting an intro thread first :). Who am I? Hmm.. cant explain all in a post, but still... let me give it a try with the help of the tips thread :)

I am a religious married lady, born in Trichy and currenty in NJ. Yep, I am a tamilian :). Working as a Implementation Manager. I was searching for some slokhas when i came across this site. I immediately liked it a lot, the way, importance is given our tradition and explanations given for each and every slokhas.

I wanted to be a part of this community and get to learn about our rich tradition with the help of all the members here.

Hope it will be a fun filled mutual journey!!!

Nand

3. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Heloo ...tis is Aishu

Hi,
    I'm Aishwarya.Im 24 years old.I work for a software company.Got married recently.My Hubby is also working for a software company.Im interested in singing.I learnt carnatic music for 7 years and practising it now.I live in chennai.Other hobbies i listen any music which is melodious,read books i like short stories and im very religious..ARR is my favo music director.
    I'm very novice to cooking.I cook my keeping chitra maam's recipes taken as print out in kitchen:-D !!!

Chitra maam, thank you for ur recipes and for the slokas that u have posted.
    Sridhar sir, i sat for 2 days 1o hours a day to read all ur postings in this forum.Kudos to u!!!!

Hope to have fun in this forum!!!!

With regards,
    Aishu:)

4. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Hello Aishu !

Welcome to the IndusLadies Community...I am sure you will have great time here and enjoy being a member of this wonderful family !
    I am glad you like my recipes and shlokas - you are very kind to me.
    With Madurai Meenakshi's blessings, may you be blessed with everything in life.
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

5. Eljaype

Eljaype Bronze IL'ite

welcome to IL

Dear Aishu,

I am Latha. I also joined this month only. This is just a welcome note to you. I am also based in chennai . Welcome to Indus Ladies community. :)
    Regards
    Latha :wave

6. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Thanks a ton, Aishwarya!

Hi Aishwarya,

Got to read your post only now. Somehow I missed your post.
    I am really flattered to hear that you spent 2 days of 10 hours each to read all my posts. Thanks for the time, the precious time. But don't do such concentrated readings continuously in future. Read them in a leisurely fashion one at a time.
    Yours is a good name. Normally people will tell you that your name means wealth. Aishwaryam = wealth
    But that is only a surface meaning. Actually Aishwaryam is rooted in the word, Easwaran, which is God or the supreme being. So in that sense Aishwaryam means Godliness, the God-like qualities. Aishwarya means a person who possesses such Godlike qualities.
    Welcome to the site. Best of luck,
    sridhar
    PS: If you address me Sridhar Sir, I'll have to reciprocate by calling you "Aishwarya madam." How do you like it?

7. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Thank you all

Hi,
    Thank you Chitra madam, sridhar(i'm not calling you sir):)... and latha for ur replies.Sridhar once again you proved ... not even my mom has explained the meaning of my name in such a fashion. she had told me that Aishwarya means wealth... but not about godliness.....
    Thank you once again....

Reagrds,
    Aishu :)

8. iyerrekha

iyerrekha New IL'ite

hello

Hello to all
    my name is rekha, i am a Palakkad Iyer born in Trivandrum, brought up in Karnataka, speak tamil, Kannada, Malayalam, Hindi and am right now living in Gujarat with my husband and 1 1/2 yr old darling son. I work for the Central Govt, Ministry of Home Affairs here. came across the IL site and what caught my eye was it was a no-nonsense site, shall log in as and when i get time, its 5 am IST and i just got up to give my son his bottle, cdnt go back to sleep and decided to say hi to all.

9. Eljaype

Eljaype Bronze IL'ite

Welcome

Welcome Rekha,

It is nice to know that you are from Kerala, Palghat area. I am also from that area, but like you have been out of Kerala most of the time.
    This is a very good site, where you can clear all your doubts and other things you dare not discuss with others. This is an open, straight forward forum.
    Regards
    Latha

10. Deepav

Deepav New IL'ite

hello ladies

Born on eve of kartigai deepam,my father named me as Deepa. Take life as it comes is what as i always believe on.I was born in chennai and spent abt 15 years in north india .Post graduated from the famous ETHIRAJ college in chennai.Got married to vishy last Oct and came to United States.The way i kill my time is watching tv,browsing and the most of all cooking.Trying new recipe's and experimenting on them . I am currently doing a radio show in merina.com .its about healthy living and basically recipes.
    Be simple and live simple:wave
    hope to have fun talking to you young hearted ladies

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.