1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Whither Relationships?

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by satchitananda, Jan 26, 2014.

1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Dear Bhucat,

1 person likes this.
  2. satchitananda

Hi Veeramachaneni,

1 person likes this.
  3. satchitananda

Dear Gauri

4. satchitananda

Thanks dear coolwinds. :)

5. satchitananda

Dear Viswamitra,

Really happy to see you here. Absolutely agree with you, no two ways about that. :-D

Thanks Viswa once again for the words of reason and support. :)

6. satchitananda

Looking forward to that Kamala. :-D

7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Satchi dear I really appreciate the way you have written this thread. Though I did not give fb to this thought provoking post first thing I did was to nominate and glad I nominated your thread as the first nomination for February. Hats off to you and Kamala who always tell the right and both are very frank. It is difficult to be like that. Once I tried to write something in relationship forum which you also know and had to hear so much from everyone.After that I stopped writing here because of the fact that I dont know to defend myself. I agree with whatever you have written here. I wrote in married life because Induslady's request.Though so many things run in my mind but while writing I am not able to put it in words. I think for that you need not only experience but also should have studied in college and also should know to write good English which I am lacking. Experience has taught me so many things . I also have been in a joint family after marriage where lot of adjustments were necessary.

2 people like this.
  8. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Oooops! I goofed up!
    :eek:mg:

whaatsmiley have I done? In this very thread where Sats is chiding folks for using poor choice of words! :oops:

the word should have been trump-card. :)

5 people like this.
  9. satchitananda

Dear Vijima,

Thanks a lot for the fb as well as for the nomination.

Vijima, I agree it is difficult to write the truth many times, because it loses one a lot of good will and friends who start perceiving you as partisan. But fact remains, that a true friend will point out if (s)he thinks that what you are doing is wrong while supporting you fully when you are in trouble.

Yes, I remember your thread from last year Vijima. I also remember how much members were incensed. It is really good to know that you were happy in the joint family set up and that you were able to adapt well with a lot of help from the male members as well.

However, times are changing. Many young women face difficult situations in the home. Is it that this generation of mils are going backwards instead of forwards? Many dils get very little help from the husband and they and their parents are generally treated very badly. It is but natural if they get upset when they read threads on how women (meaning only dils - not the mils or sils) should adjust, women should do everything to make marriages succeed etc. We should be able to see both sides of the picture. If we insist only on seeing one side of the picture, nothing will ever change. Hostilities will only increase.

On the other hand if this generation of dils starts behaving like their badly behaved mils, there is no hope for the future, because this feeling of vendetta seeking 1:1 revenge will turn to "i was ill treated by my mil, so i will do the same to my dil" before we even notice it.

2 people like this.
  10. satchitananda

:evil: You too Brutus!

2 people like this.