Whither Humanity ?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Tubelight, Jan 17, 2010.

1. Tubelight

Tubelight Bronze IL'ite

I was distressed to read in the newspapers that scamsters are exploiting the tragedy of the earthquake in Haiti to make a fast buck. Several authentic sounding "charity" organisations with valid looking websites are reported to have sprung up . People are getting mails from these "aid" outfits, soliciting donations by online transfer,for quake relief work. Of course, all that money that pours in from good people with noble intent will disappear into the bellies of some unconscionable criminals.
    This is shameful. They are playing with genuine emotions to line their own dirty pockets.

A similar thing happened when the Tsunami struck in Tamil Nadu. It transpired that many who collected compensation from Government and other largesse were neither kin of any victims nor shore dwellers who ever had houses there.

How can people fall to such nadirs of depravity ?Does the greed for money have no limits ?

(Those of you who are used to online monetary transactions, please be very careful before opening the such appeals in your inbox. Some of these pseudo-charity mails are also reported to carry Traojan malware for phishing.)

2. natpudan

natpudan Gold IL'ite

Hello Tubelight,

I feel no good - calling you tubelight.

You have blown the whistle and hope people don't get deceived.

These are innovations on scams.

Ever evolving human species.

You are bright. Let your light spread here in IL.

3. Tubelight

Tubelight Bronze IL'ite

Hi Natpudan
    Thank you for responding to my maiden post here.
    Dont feel bad about calling my name. I like tubelights. They are gentle on the eyes,not harsh ; they give more light ; they are energy efficient. I try to be all that !:)

( may i know what your username Natpudan signifies ? Sounds like a Slovakian name !)

4. natpudan

natpudan Gold IL'ite

Hello TL,

i agree with you the basis for choosing this user name.:thumbsup

in general we call some one a tubelight because they can't understand things immediately, they take time to understand like a tubelight which flickers for some time before glowing. that's why i felt like that.

you are the opposite of a tubelight, let me think so.:)

am not a slovakian. i am an indian from chennai. in tamil natpudan means friendly.

hope you understood & not flickering like a tubelight.:biglaugh

5. Tubelight

Tubelight Bronze IL'ite

Hi Natp !
    I know very well what Tubelight means ! (Same meaning in kannada too.). Its the nickname my Husband gave me because I dont understand his favourite pastime : The Stock Market ! It was he who suggested this username ! But after registering it, I thought I should have a decent interpretation for it. hence that bright light, economical blah blah blah !:biglaugh

Your Friendly name suits you well, dear new friend !

6. natpudan

natpudan Gold IL'ite

See TL,

now i got the reason behind the name.

if i had not asked, the story on brightness, whiteness, environment - all that googlies would have remained.

welcome to il friend.

visit the A-Z conversation thread, we are having great fun out there.

i have even commented on your user name there the day before.

u have a kannadiga friend jaya there. then there is soldier, padmini, viji ma and many more.

see u there.