1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

White Shirt and Blue Jeans

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Devika Menon, Feb 20, 2008.

1. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Hey S.S,

I would love you to go into deatil ,infact you choice is very much like mine, I too love the crispy shirts wit shoulder straps et al.

White rooms look elegant give an illusion of more space and you could try diff draperies and upholstery .

Luchnowi kurta and chicken work ones with dark dupattas ,The combo is like: Wah Wah kya baat hai.

God Bless,

Devika

2. Girlfriend

Girlfriend New IL'ite

Blue Jeans and white tops...Aha!!!

In fact, My very first western shopping was a blue levis Jeans and white top from pape jeans.
    I still have that white tops. jeans was naturally faded after wearing it for so long just when it become fashionable to ware faded jeans.

When my DH bought faded jeans for himself, I proudly used to tell him that my Jeans is naturally faded. I don't need to buy one.

My heart was so broken when that jeans stopped fitting me 1.5 years ago :cry:

Nevertheless, blue jeans and white shirt remains my favorite combination.

Cheers
    Parul

3. corallux

corallux Bronze IL'ite

There was a time when I refused to wear Jeans. It was only Salwar kameez for me. Dad got me my first pair of jeans & top Blue Jeans & White top from a store in Bandra.

I still wear jeans with tops of light shades. But this combo is a senti one. I wear this combo when I miss my dad & mom (the are in Mumbai).

Hubby says I look like a Tapori..Did not mind as according to him Jeans should be blue & not faded.

This is my comfy combo when I am at home or at an informal gathering.

Oh yes in Melb, we have a combo of Jeans with ethnic top along with a "Bhandini" dupatta put in a smart way around the neck....Top it with some metal kangans & hey you are ready to face the Melb night life.

Regards,

Corallux

4. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Hope you fit right back into that buddy!

God Bless

Devika
    quote=Girlfriend;239032]Blue Jeans and white tops...Aha!!!

In fact, My very first western shopping was a blue levis Jeans and white top from pape jeans.
    I still have that white tops. jeans was naturally faded after wearing it for so long just when it become fashionable to ware faded jeans.

When my DH bought faded jeans for himself, I proudly used to tell him that my Jeans is naturally faded. I don't need to buy one.

My heart was so broken when that jeans stopped fitting me 1.5 years ago :cry:

Nevertheless, blue jeans and white shirt remains my favorite combination.

Cheers
    Parul[/quote]

5. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Youre quite right !!]

combining diff colourful stoles creatively def adds that extra zing for night wear!

Devika

quote=corallux;240285]There was a time when I refused to wear Jeans. It was only Salwar kameez for me. Dad got me my first pair of jeans & top Blue Jeans & White top from a store in Bandra.

I still wear jeans with tops of light shades. But this combo is a senti one. I wear this combo when I miss my dad & mom (the are in Mumbai).

Hubby says I look like a Tapori..Did not mind as according to him Jeans should be blue & not faded.

This is my comfy combo when I am at home or at an informal gathering.

Oh yes in Melb, we have a combo of Jeans with ethnic top along with a "Bhandini" dupatta put in a smart way around the neck....Top it with some metal kangans & hey you are ready to face the Melb night life.

Regards,

Corallux[/quote]

6. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Hi Devika,
    forgot to mention. My niece (brother's daughter) has been with me for the past few years. The first thing I bought her once she settled down was a blue jeans with white embroidery the length of the leg. I just bought a piece of cloth from a sale and wonder of wonder, that was just very apt matching for the jeans - it was white with flowers in shades of blue. Got it stitched to shirt model -that is what she wanted. But she is now working and they don't allow casual dress even on Saturdays. recently she bought 2 sets of long skirts and tops, wonderful.
    I always tell her that she should wear the salwar suit only for office and wear all other types of outfits otherwise.

7. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Hey Varloo forget about getting into a jean ,you should consider getting into dress designing.
    Your niece is one hell of a lucky girl to have you for an aunt.

God Bless,

Devika

quote=Varloo;240406]Hi Devika,
    forgot to mention. My niece (brother's daughter) has been with me for the past few years. The first thing I bought her once she settled down was a blue jeans with white embroidery the length of the leg. I just bought a piece of cloth from a sale and wonder of wonder, that was just very apt matching for the jeans - it was white with flowers in shades of blue. Got it stitched to shirt model -that is what she wanted. But she is now working and they don't allow casual dress even on Saturdays. recently she bought 2 sets of long skirts and tops, wonderful.
    I always tell her that she should wear the salwar suit only for office and wear all other types of outfits otherwise.[/quote]

8. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

Hai devika

NIce topic..................i too love this combo.........very nice combination and i got this for my hubby...but not for me...........i always wear dark shades.............i feel stout people may look beteer if they wear darkshades and light shades may show them broad.......ITS MY 2 CENTS.........

and , varloo mam, whatever i feel like telling, u have told.....so jus copying it here.......

Unfortunately, I was not allowed to wear jeans in my youth and I dreamt that I would see my hubby wearing this. I bought him a pair of jeans and a beautiful chikan work white kurta to go along. He too dont have any specific taste or strong iking for his dress code.......and he doesnotlike kutis so i got him nice khadi white shirt...he love to wear it.......

And , atlast , my friend got me one nice blue stretch jeans and i started wearing it boldly...........(..i was thinking that i can wear it only after reducing my weight........but later ralised that it will be my dream and never going to happen b4 i die..)........i got nice black , blue,dark pink cotton kurti for that..........but i wear it very rarely......

I love wearing pants....but it wont suit me that much.sinceiam short and very stout too.........:-( so no other go my next best option is Salwar..........i prefer.........synthtic salwar than cotton again for the same reason.........but it doesnot mean that i wear only synthetic......... according to the situation and climate i will decide........)

Last edited: Feb 22, 2008
  9. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Hi Lata ,

So you finally did start wearing jeans,Welcome to the community. There are a million short people (and thats an understatement) who are wearing pants and once youre used to it ,you will be able to overcome the usual inhibition.

God Bless,

Devika

10. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello Sriniketan,
    I am with your kids...
    You should wear jeans.
    Let me know your size.. I will send you as a gift and I am sure you will end up wearing.

Regards.