1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

White Shirt and Blue Jeans

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Devika Menon, Feb 20, 2008.

1. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

A Friend asked me yesterday what would be my most comfy clothing. Without a pause I replied White shirt and Blue Jeans. Ditto ,she said. Made me realise that it might be the fav combo for many of us. I wear it on evening outs , even to office . Its really something in which I'm very comfortable formally and casually. Of course with office the jeans need to be neat while at other times the more faded the better.
    Do you also enjoy this combo?? What other clothings would you describe as comfy (I mean in a very civilised sense ):wink:.

God Bless,

Devika

2. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

This combo is my dream combo. Unfortunately, I was not allowed to wear jeans in my youth and I dreamt that I would see my hubby wearing this. I bought him a pair of jeans and a beautiful chikan work white kurta to go along. He is a moron with out any taste (still so) and refused to wear.
    Now I am not sure I will get a pair of jeans which fits me so am in the process of getting my body fit into one. I am 44 now, but before dying I will wear a jeans and a white shirt and look decent in it.
    Salwar kameez in cotton is the comfy dress for me now.

3. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Dear Devika,
    Awesome combo....I love to wear this combo.I have white kurta (3/4th) with embroidery works done to go with my blue jean.Fab India in Besant Nagar(chennai)has the best collections on Jean tops/kurtas.
    But you can spot me in elegant salwar kameez most of the time.I feel very comfortable in that.

4. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Dear Varloo,
    100 years...to you..want to know why, chk out diet thread.
    Hope your dream to wear jean and shirt would get fullfilled soon.GOOD LUCK!

5. lathamohan

lathamohan Bronze IL'ite

Hi devika,
    Even i and my hubby like this combo . I have got a white kurti with blue jean ,mostly i wear cotton salwar kameez.
    regards,
    latha

6. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Hey Varloo ,

Welcome to the jean gang. For God's sake youre only 44.You have a lot of time to experiment with this wonder garment.
    Hope you get into one soon.

God Bless,

Devika

7. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Wow that is my favourite too I love to wear blue jeans and white Tshirts the most...........Shirts hmmmmm ..............not much

8. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Oops I think I am at the wrong place.
    I usually wear sarees-----only option is the salwar--which is my 'official clothing' when I go for a vacation to India in a plane.
    My kids want me to wear jeans....hope I will 'get into' that one, one day---no way!

sriniketan

9. Meeta

Meeta Bronze IL'ite

Hi Devika,
    My fav is of course blue jeans but mostly black shirts......I am a gr8 fan of black color.........so love to wear some or the other thing in black for most of the day.....even if I wear jeans/shirts in other colors, then will put a black sweater/scarf to go with it.....

10. Anushiv

Anushiv Senior IL'ite

Dear friends,

What a surprise! Today, I wore this ' combo' outfit for my work. As a freelance teacher, I can wear Jeans & everybody said it suits me & I too felt very cool & comfortable!
    Well, I personally feel white colour whether it is shirt/T-shirt or salwar (esp. with multi coloured dupatta) it gives an elegant look.

Pls. try this 'combo', You will definitely look awesome...!