1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

white fungus for plants

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by sesirekha, Jan 16, 2008.

1. sesirekha

sesirekha New IL'ite

hi everyone

I am sesirekha joined few days back. I am having a small garden in my backyard. Actually we purchased a new semi-independent house 6 months back and they filled the ground with rubbish. I asked one person who sells plants to dig and plant some varieties. He didn't do the job nicely and he digged little and planted some plants. But the growth rate is very slow. When i tried to plant one new variety its a hard cement down. But i filled whole area with nice soil which is a mix of manure and red soil. I want suggestions and guidence how to grow my plants which are already planted few months back. I am regularly watering all my plants.

Another serious problem is i am having a hibiscus plant which has grown nicely. But sadly it got infected with white fungus and all the leaves are getting wrinkled. And its not giving any flowers. Initially it used to bloom nicely. I used pesticide which is a natural one. Neem oil and some other thing ( i dont remember now some nursery person suggested and gave it to me ). Can anyone of you give me nice ideas to grow my plants nicely? Thanks a lot for your suggestions and tips in ahead.

I am having hibiscus plants varieties 4 to 5, nandi vardhanam , sampangi ( yellow), ganneru, parijatham, tulasi plants. These are the varieties.

sesirekha,

Last edited: Jan 16, 2008

2. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Hello
    I dont know enough to help however I want to tell the little bit i know.
    I will get a pesticide spray for the fungus
    Add fertilizer to plant
    You can ask the local nursery from where you bought the plants They always help.
    Good Luck

3. sesirekha

sesirekha New IL'ite

hi anandchitra

:thankyou2:thank you for the suggestion. I did just what you have said few days back and waiting keeping my fingers crossed!!

Actually, the land under my plants is completely filled with rubbish and without knowing i just had put lots of manure and red soil which is given by nurseries.

I want to know what is the growth rate of any plant? And in my case as i already said there is no strong ground for my plants. And I planted them more than 3 months now, i am anxious that when they will grow in full bloom? :!::?:

sesirekha

4. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sesirekha
    I will share what I know. Which is not much.
    Regarding growth rate etc. my suggestion would be to surf the net. That is what i do.
    I am sure you're plants will do fine Not to worry.

5. Jadey

Jadey New IL'ite

Hi... Would anyone be able to tell me if spraying Neem oil kill the tiny white bugs that run around the container??? Does this neem oil by any chance kill the plant???

6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi jadey

No neem oil does not kill the plant. but i would suggest use neem oil cakes..they are better for mixing into the soil. oil tends to coat the soil and forming a layer not allwoing water pentrations. I use bleaching powder around the pots.

7. ashukrishna

ashukrishna Bronze IL'ite

hello friends...
    simple way to protect from pest n fungal disease...in garden..
    as far as we do in our garden...
    v use dry cow-dung as manure... and also burn thm along vid dry leaves.. etc.. and dust it over the plants.. thts it...
    try tis... if nt v shal try other ways...
    cheers!!!:)
    ashwadhi

8. jpadma

jpadma Senior IL'ite

spray the juice made from neem leaves on the plants regularly & check.this is a biocontrol method of using herbicides.

9. bharathi180972

bharathi180972 New IL'ite

Same problem in my garden. I am a chennaite in India. I tried all local available pests but in vain. Exatly same problem as mentioned in the thread.

could anybody help me in this regard
    thanks in advance

10. sabibala

sabibala New IL'ite

Hi Plant lovers,

I tried to grow 100% organic vegetables in my roof garden. ofcourse in pots. i had almost 12 big pots of tomato plants and one fine day small white bugs were seen and soon they spread to all plants. some one adviced to use garlic mixed with neem leaves and asafotida(perungayam) soaked for few days in water. i sprayed it on the plants and all turned dry in the next few days. I felt very bad and i am so deasperatedly searching for a organic pest control. can anyone pl help me out.

sabi bala