1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Whiskey and Pisskey

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Sep 12, 2007.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Whiskey and Pissky​

My brother in Mumbai had a similar problem but with his servant.Brother and Bhabhi both work,so had to leave home at 9 am to reach office by 10.Brother has the habit of taking his bottle to the bedroom,after dinner,and make his drink, while sitting on the bed in the AC,watching TV, or Fashion TV babes.If his wife objects, he cooly says that he is watching the clothes of the models as he is a garment exporter.(What clothes, I wonder do these Babes Wear ? ).Well that's besides the point.

Now sometimes the maid's son used to come also to help his mom clean up fast,and he used to clean the brother's room,. while his mom took the other one.My brother started to notice that the level of Whiskey in the bottle in the bedroom was less than what he left last night.So to make sure,he put a pen mark at the level,and sure enough when he sees at night, the level is below the danger line.

My brother beleives in the old saying " Dont get Angry,Get Even".Well this is what he did.In themorning before the rascal came,brother emptied most of the whiskey in another bottle.put a little whiskey,and went to the loo and peed in the bottle.So it was a mixture all right.He went to have his breakfast,and was waiting for the guy to come out from the room.And sure enough, the guy came out,with a strange look on his face.Maybe the whiskey today was not up to his mark.My brother called up the maid and her son in the drawing room and told them the truth.They were both shocked more so the Rascal, who immediately ran to the bathroom to puke.And he was sacked immediately,and told not to come.After that brother learned to keep his poison under lock and key !

A friend of mine puts indian whiskey in imported bottles,but he does confide in me.It seems he has corny cousins and uncles who demand Imported Whiskey,but dont resiprocate when he visits them.And they dont even come to know the difference.And whenever i have an empty bottle of a brand he dosnt have,he keeps after me to give him the bottle.And to tell him how much this bottle cost in the Duty Free, so that , if asked he can say, that i paid my friend X Dollors to get it from the Duty Free.

I for one just dont know the difference between the tastes.That is why I tell my hosts, not to waste their good Imported whiskey on me, any 300 bucks and above brands are OK with me,or a Kingfisher beer will do for me.I tell them to keep it for a better visitor, who knows and appreciates what good Whiskey is.

I have plenty of Scotch at home,courtesy my cousins and brothers who travel so often,and are kind enough to bring me bottles.I keep telling them , enough i have so many,and i dont drink,But they wont listen.So easy to please Kamalji.

S Vengali and me met in Jaipur in March,and we had a wonderful time at my place.I ordered the non veg from outside,and opened the Scotch,and we had a whale of a time.So I wait for good quality guests to come, so I too can be fortunate to have Scotch,.My cousin sister's daughter got married recently in Jaipur,she is from the /States, and they left over the excess liqour to me ( after all i had done the arrangments with the hotels and the Tent and light guys here),so u can say it was a great Tip for me.Bacardy,Smiroff,Champagnes,god knows what else is with me,enough to last me for the next generation.

The moral of this long silly story? Keep your Scotch locked up from the prying eyes of Relatives,and Servants,and to test the integrity of a servant,keep the pissky Whiskey outside and mark the levels.the more thelevel depletes, increase more of the other stuff.Got it Dumbhead ? Cheers .

KAMAL MAHTANI