1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Which Water Is The Best? Alkaline Or Reverse Osmosis?

Discussion in 'Healthy Living' started by momsky, May 12, 2017.

1. momsky

momsky Gold IL'ite

I've been using RO system for years but recently I was informed that this is not good because RO water is acidic. Same lady gave me a bottle of alkaline water to use within 48 hours and I used it for my new plant. My new plant became limp overnight and I left it as it is for about 3 days as I had no idea on what to do. My son later decided to water it with our regular RO water and literally my flowers became alive again by the next day.

I don't know if this is just a coincidence. I'm a little afraid of buying a water ionizer now after seeing what it did to my plant but I read so many positive reviews about water ionizers and alkaline water, so a bit confused now. On the other hand, I actually enjoyed cooking with the alkaline water because it made the beef tender in just a short time.

Please let me know which one you think is good. The alkaline water I tried is from Enagic Kangen Ionizer but I'm looking to get the Chanson Miracle 9 plates if I get convinced.

Amica likes this.

2. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

@momsky, this is one more thing I'm learning, thanks to you. I use tap water for most things. :)

The pH of your RO water depends on your input water. If you're worried, you can get it tested.

About the drinking water ... I'm a little confused. Many fruits are acidic and we eat those all the time. Are you looking for alkaline water because of a health issue?

In my limited knowledge, azaleas like acidic soil. That might explain their reaction to the alkaline water.

Meat can be tenderized by soaking it in an alkaline (baking soda) solution for 15-20 minutes prior to cooking.

momsky likes this.
  3. momsky

momsky Gold IL'ite

Thanks Amica! It never really occurred to me that alkalinity and acidity of soil has impact on plants. I don't think I even Googled after the incident with my flower... also, thanks for the baking soda tip, i'll try it tomorrow :)

I'm confused too. As far as I know, acidic fruits helps digestion and alkanizes the body, which is why many recommends lemon water in the morning. On the other hand, alkaline water from the machine is not advisable during meal time.

I have no health issue, I just want it if it means more health benefits for me and the kids.

Amica likes this.