1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Which type of stove is best

Discussion in 'Home Decoration & Improvement' started by sankasailaja, Sep 16, 2014.

1. sankasailaja

sankasailaja Bronze IL'ite

Hi
    does any one guide either built in hobs or cooktop burners(4 burners) are best,how about cleaning and daily maintenance
    plz share ur ideas
    bye

2. priyakarthiks

priyakarthiks New IL'ite

As a Interior designer, i would say its all about your maintenance.

Point 1:
    If you going for, built-in hob surely 100% dedication of maintenance is required and its spare parts are pricy. because, built-in hob fitted in the way like carving the granite or countertop edges based on hob size; those edges will have some gaps with hob. so that, you can easily lift the hob any time and also it have direct contact with your cabinet box and burner also have contact with cabinet box. so what will happen is, while cooking milk or any liquid overflowed, surely it will go inside the edges of hob and start penetrating into ply edges(cabinet box). in few days wood will start sag. so you should be very cautious on this and need to clean immediately.

Point 2:
    While cleaning also use wet cloth and detergent spray; strictly don't pour water to clean.

Point3:
    My personal preference for Indian cooking is cooktop burner because, Indian kitchens are always wet; cooktop doesn't need much maintenance on cleaning and less spare parts cost. it will not cost any issue to your modular kitchen(like leakage of liquids). Now days, so many good glass cooktops are available in the market.

2 people like this.
  3. prashi

prashi Silver IL'ite

Thanks for ur suggestion , is that give low flame compared to normal cooktop stove ?

4. priyakarthiks

priyakarthiks New IL'ite

Yes, Builtin hob consume more time and gas to cook.

5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

I have a built in hob and a glass one.Yes there is a little difference in the heat spread of both more to do with the flatter burners that are not brass here. They are little hard to maintain but if you plan well and make a thin wired cement base into which you hob sits it will not spoil the wood frame.

6. sankasailaja

Thank you Priya a lot for ur points,as u r designer u might be knowing well
    i will irritate u again n again in asking my doubts,until my modular kitchen gets completed
    (just kidding)

plz lo help me in a good n nice outlook of my kitchen

7. mayasinha

mayasinha Junior IL'ite

I think you should search on snapdeal and amazon and many popular websites for best type of stove and I damn sure some of the website is also provide guiding tips.

8. priyakarthiks

priyakarthiks New IL'ite

Hi sankasailaja, No Prob!! did you finished your modular kitchen. if not, please let me know the dimensions. based on that i will show you some designs and rates

Last edited: Sep 23, 2014
  9. sankasailaja

Once again thank friends,for ur tips.now I'm clear and ordered glass cooktop with 4 burner

thanks once again

10. ChesterGray

ChesterGray New IL'ite

The idea above given are really great but I think its better you won't use stove. Instead of stove you must new stylish burners one I recommend you is cooktop with 4 burner. It is very new and stylish also and looks great in modular kitchen.