Which type of friendship.........Poll for 6th August to 12th August 2006

Discussion in 'Weekly Quick Polls' started by Laxmi, Aug 6, 2006.

Which type of friendship do you prefer?

1. Very affectionate & emotional

12 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. Emotional but not so affectionate

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Affectioante but not so emotional

5 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. Bit of emotional and with physical distance

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  1. Laxmi

Laxmi Administrator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hello ILites,

With the whole world going crazy about Friendship day, will IL be left behind.
    Definitely no, it have started to rock with Chitvish posting about Friends and Friendship in the "Snippets of Life" forum.
    The Poll section too is catching up on the Friendship fever.

This week's poll is to highlight the type of friendship one prefers.

One cannot choose their relations like Father, Mother etc., but definitely one has the choice in their friends. Like any relation we do have some expectation abt our friends.

Go ahead and cast your vote ladies.

As usual this thread is open for you to share about your best friend and how she/he have made your life more beautiful. Leave a touching post here for your friend to see it. What a better gift than lovely words to cherish and make it memorable for her/him

Last edited: Aug 6, 2006

2. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Hai,
    I had a large group of friends when I was in Trivandrum. But one friend was very close. We were friends from the time that she joined my class in standard 5. Our families were also friendly. Though we are opposites in most aspects, we are very close. We used to spend most of our time together. We were inseparables. We never hesitated to correct each other and support each other.
    But due to marriage and other problems, we do not stay in touch. But whenever we meet, we spend a lot of time talking and sharing our lives. The continuity is always there. I can tell her anything, share everything with her.
    Till date I cherish her friendship as very precious. I have learnt so muc from her and she had been there for me always.
    Another friend joined in the middle. She was married, we were all spinsters. But she went on to become a very close friend. She was there for just 6 years, she died just 17 days before my marriage. I can never get over her loss for so many reasons. She taught me more abot friendship, she will always write letters and send cards, wherever she was and in whatever condition she was. She never forgot to wish me on my birthday and on new year day. I can go on and on about her. She took me to a higher level of thinking and was instrumental in making me what I am today.
    These two are very close friends, there are other friends also who have made a difference. I express my best wishes to all of them on this Friendship day.
    And happy friendship day for IL friends also.
    With warm wishes,
    varloo

3. Laxmi

Laxmi Administrator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Thanks Varloo

Hi Varloo,
    Thanks for sharing about your friends to all your friends here at IL.

Yes to all our childhood friends, we are very closely attached and expect an affectionate and emotional relationship.

But as we grow older what we look for in our friends is bonding with a physical distance.
    When we get married and get into our personal life and responsibilites keeping in touch with friends could be a herculean task.
    Now we college friends have ganged in Yahoo Groups and sharing our experiences through mails. It is a nice and close knit group with photo sharing and fun. It takes us back to our college days.

Celebrating Friendship!!!