1. Looking for an Interesting Craft Project? : Plethora of Ideas
    Dismiss Notice

which swing machine should i buy?

Discussion in 'Sewing & Stitching' started by aarna123, Aug 26, 2014.

1. harina

harina Gold IL'ite

Dear Aarna,
    I agree with Padmini (Veeranki) with her words . I had brought the Usha Janome Dream maker 120 one year back and had no complains about it and i think even a beginner can use this machine with a single touch of on/ off system. Recently i have posted a Quilt with applique work and i have made different variations of bags of which i have posted some. The finishing is superb with an added advantage of decorative stitches. The cost is a bit more but worth buying if you plan to start a business....... Good luck
    Harina

2. Cheritto

Cheritto New IL'ite

Hello Harina,

I see your post was in 2015. I am currently looking at buying usha janome dream maker 120. Please can you advise your inputs even after 2 years..
    I have previously used singer talent. It had a good amount of features that th normal automatic machines had. However, few drawbacks that i faced was, i cudnt control th speed very well n hence, doing aplique and embroidery wasnt really practical. Additionally, the machine struggled to stitch on thick or multj layered hems.

So need your advise if this machine is worth paying 30k n if i cud use it well for making curtains n altering jeans hems n al that.

Any advise and feedback from you is greatly appreciated... i am really unable to find many reviews about this machine online..

Regards,
    Charitto!!

3. PrathimaBose

PrathimaBose Senior IL'ite

Is Singer Talent a good enough for a beginner?