Which of the following is your favourite activity on Sundays?

Discussion in 'Weekly Quick Polls' started by Laxmi, Mar 23, 2008.

Which of the following is your favourite activity on Sundays?.

1. Sunday special cooking

25 vote(s)
    38.5%
  2. Sunday Outing / Shopping

21 vote(s)
    32.3%
  3. Visiting friends

2 vote(s)
    3.1%
  4. Sunday Movies

6 vote(s)
    9.2%
  5. Just doing nothing

11 vote(s)
    16.9%
  1. t_sireesha04

t_sireesha04 Junior IL'ite

Hi Laxmi,

Being short of time for a good meal, Sundays are the days to do something special.

In the after noon seeing movies..........

2. Oviya

Oviya Silver IL'ite

Dear Laxmi,

I would like to have someother option which is 'being with family', basically. I have of plenty of time to be with them on the weekdays, too. But, they are very leisurely only in the weekends. I do all the options given which are obvious.

But, the most is I enjoy being with them. Doing things together is a great pleasure, like a movie, shopping, cooking and eating, visiting friends and just sitting and talking without doing anything or just sitting without even talking. A little bit of everthing...... together.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2008
  3. hollyhock

hollyhock New IL'ite

Hi,
    I would love to spend time with my family at home on sundays.Just relaxing ,chitchatting ,spending good time with the kids .Eventhough i have enough time to spend on the weekdays ,saturdays and sundays are always special.I feel Weekends should be refreshing so that we can have a beter week ahead.Isnt it?

4. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

Good eatssssssssss :drool:drool:drool

I make special sunday meals .. we eat, watch tv, sleep.. eat and sleep...

waking up daily at 5 and running mechanical the entire week.. this is what i love to do.. :mrgreen:

5. Shilpa77

Shilpa77 Senior IL'ite

Hi,

I think folks who live the US would agree with me. Saturday usually goes in taking the kids to various classes and b'day parties.or inviting friends home if it is winter or go outing in summer. My sunday's are cooking for the entire week ahead, cleaning, laundry and temple.

I prefer to have a stay at home sunday because the following day is Monday..

Nice topic for a poll!

6. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

For the past one year, my son is leaving to school early in the morning and comes back by 6 in the evening. And I am not able to cook really good food then as he may fall asleep after eating that. So I enjoy cooking specially for him and my niece who comes over the weekend on Sundays. I would prefer watching a good movie after lunch, but that happens very rarely.
    I would prefer a Sunday like this-getting up late and having a fruity breakfast. Then nice brunch, movie. Good snacks after 5 with tea and then very light dinner.

7. ridgemma

ridgemma Gold IL'ite

Hi

I take off on saturdays and sundays. I watch movies, do cleaning, cook, visit friends on saturdays.... And Sunday is a day for me..just vegetate:coffee, my hubby cooks a special meal for me that day... and we go out in the eveningsChillout!

Luv

Ridge

8. ursnegithi

ursnegithi Senior IL'ite

I do all the cleaning and shopping on saturdays and sundays are for rest...I keep myself busy on saturdays preparing things for the week, laundry, ironing, etc,etc,...sundays i sleep till i feel guilty, then chat with my inlaws, parents, cousins...then watch a nice movie, eat a good brunch....and felt i am a couch potato on sundays....

9. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi,
    Working on 5 days outside the house and saturday being busy day with kids activity/grocery shopping etc.
    Sunday is totally dedicated to stay home, do a special breakfast, oil bath, laundry, special cooking, taking a nap in the afternoon and have a monday morning office blues.

Regards.

10. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Laxmi,

I chose the option 'Sunday special cooking' that I do pretty much every Sunday because DH at home and would relish having a good lunch. Dinner mostly some fast foods take out (after tiring cooking for lunch :)

Ideally, I would have liked to pick the following choices:
    Sunday movies (if something good on any channel, especially Sun TV)
    Sundya outing/shopping
    Others - Sunday Relaxing (a snorring sleep after lunch, getting ready for the outing in the evening)

Why did you restrict it to pick only one? I am sure many IL'ites would have had multiple choices for a Sunday.

However, great poll!

Malathy