1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Which nonstick will you prefer?

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by perfectly_perfect, Jun 28, 2010.

1. perfectly_perfect

perfectly_perfect Silver IL'ite

I was searching about r2i and i read somewhere that tefal is a good brand to take back. That person mentioned that she is using that from past 10 years and the vessels are still in good condition. Now I am confused because I have t-fal and tefal both and both are pretty new so can not judge about the durability. Please give me your feedback.
    Thanks

2. saralasastry

saralasastry New IL'ite

hi

i am using Cuisinart nonstick.from 5 years no scratches at all. it is good. low budget. you buy individual non stick utensils what you need. don't buy the nonstick set, that would be loss.try to use wooden spoons and spatulas

thanks
    sarala.

3. perfectly_perfect

perfectly_perfect Silver IL'ite

Thanks Sarala for the advice. From where did you buy your nonstick?

I m waiting for some other expert advice too? Please pour your thoughts here.

4. saralasastry

saralasastry New IL'ite

i bought individual utensils from marshalls. 10 inches pan 6$ like that.

5. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

PP,Cuisinart,Calphalon and Kitchen Aid are one of the best brands for non stick. I have used T-Fal and Tefal and dont think they are that good.The non stick chips off in about a few months of use.On the other side, the above brands are great. I have been using them for some time and I havent had so much as a scratch on them. The food cooked in them are marvellous and clean up is a breeze.
    Again dont buy a set but buy individual pieces. Dosas in their Griddles are the best. Usually Macy's,Kohls or Sears have a deal on them. Look around. Good Luck.

6. saralasastry

saralasastry New IL'ite

never lose nonstick (good brand) coating if u use in proper way . try to use wooden spatulas and try to heat empty pan without oil then pan heated put oil then cook very fast within 5 to 10 mins ur curry ready.oone more tip is try to heat pan on low to medium first, once pan heated you may increase the heat.

7. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

Sarala, I dont use any metal ladles in my non stick vessels. What I mentioned was about the brand OP mentioned.Inspite of using wooden ladles, the vessels I bought from T-Fal gave up.On the other hand the brands I mentioned have been giving me very good results and still looks great. No scratches at all.I bought them after recommendation and feel good about it.

8. krithigat

krithigat Senior IL'ite

hi friends
    Anyone used Philippe-Richard nonstick set from jcpenny????
    Please urgent reply, they have sale this week
    Thank you in advance

9. writeme

writeme Silver IL'ite

How good are stainless steel cookware sets? Are they non-stick? I see in most tv food shows, chefs use stainless steel cookware. I thought the durability is more, but not sure if they are really non-stick! I thought the black coated ones are the non-stick pans, but here I see stainless steel is equally popular. Any expert opinions?

10. hamsadhvani

hamsadhvani Junior IL'ite

Hi perfect
    Dont use non sticks. I read that it is very bad for health.