Which marriage to attend? - New Year Contest

Discussion in 'Topic of the Month - Contest' started by Induslady, Jan 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Having ended year 2006 with the “Dinner for Americans” contest, let’s step into year 2007 with another interesting contest connected with family sentiments. This contest has got more to do with your emotional outlook than with your creativity.

Hey Ladies, are you ready to take this challenge? Go ahead, read on…

Aparna got married to Ram 2 years back and is living in the <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">UK</st1:place></st1:country-region>. She is all excited about going to <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Bangalore</st1:place></st1:City> for her last brother is getting married. Now here comes something to turn down Aparna’s excitement. The only younger sister of Ram is also going to get married the same day, but in <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Delhi</st1:place></st1:City>.

Ideally Aparna would like to be present for both the marriages, but the situation seems to be tricky. Of course, she would not want to miss her brother’s marriage for that’s the last big event in her parents’ family. But Ram has already put his case to Aparna that they both should attend his sister’s wedding. His point is it is his only sister’s wedding so they should be there to take care while Aparna’s brother has 4 more siblings to take care of his marriage. So Aparna attending her brother’s wedding while Ram attends his sister’s wedding is out of question. Unfortunately, both the marriages are not in the same place too, to keep running between both the marriages.

So which marriage do you think Aparna should attend? How should she convince the family for the marriage she is not attending?

Can you help Aparna decide? Get started…private message your entries to Induslady.

Contest is open till Jan 31st, 2007.

We look forward to overflowing of entries to this contest, while you can look forward to an exciting prize for the winning entry...Good Luck.

2. sunikris

sunikris Bronze IL'ite

Attending Marriage

Hello Suneetha,

I have edited your entry . If you read Induslady's message carefully, she has asked that you private message the entry to her. So that each entry will be unique, and the judges can decide the contest fairly. I have copied your entry and sent it to Induslady as a private message. I am copyin gyou on that as well.Thanks for your entry.

rgds
    Vandhana

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2007
  3. Induslady

Some clarifications regarding the contest

Hello Ladies,

Looks like this contest is really catching interest amongst our community. So soon we have received 4 entries for the contest.

Radhavenkatesh, Meenu, Sunikris, Vivbass - "Thank you" for your entries. Good Luck on winning the contest.

While we have started receiving entries, wanted to add some clarifications regarding the contest. Please ensure your entries include the following details:

1. Which marriage should Aparna attend?
    2. Justify why she should decide to attend one marriage than the other?
    3. How should she convince part of the family about the marriage she is not attending?

Imagine yourself as Aparna and tell us how you would react to it. The more practical your entry is the better.

Note: Attending both the marriages is NOT an option because of the distance between Bangalore & Delhi. Asking one of the family to change the date & time of marriage is also NOT an option. Ram attending one marriage and Aparna attending the other is also NOT an option.

Thank you and look forward to more entries, Ladies.

4. radhavenkatesh

radhavenkatesh Silver IL'ite

:)

dear indus lady
    dont u think terms and conditions of the contest or any clarifications shd be given prior to accept private messages rather than after receiving posts :))
    in future kindly keep all probable terms straight b4 getting replies dont mind but i felt so ;)

5. slgayatri

slgayatri Bronze IL'ite

PM to u...

Hi induslady
    I am sending PM to u.
    Plz check it out.

Gayathri.

6. Induslady

I have not added anything new...

Hi Radhavenkatesh,

Thanks for your message.

I have not added anything new as terms and conditions to the contest. Whatever was there in the original contest message has just been elaborated as clarifications in my 2nd message. If you read them both again you will agree with me. The reason for doing so is when I started receiving entries few of them just gave one word answers rather than explaining the decision of Aparna in the contest.

After reading my 2nd message if you feel your entry would have been more better with these clarifications given, you may feel free to send me a revised entry. No problems in accepting it.

7. Induslady

Received your entry

Hi Slgayatri,

Thank you for sending in your entry. Good Luck!

8. ish_nalini

ish_nalini Senior IL'ite

Hi Indus lady,
    I have PM 'ed you ,please check it out....:-D

9. Induslady

Thank you for your entries

Hello Ish_Nalini,

Thank you for your entry, I received it.

Vivbass, thank you for your revised entry.

Good Luck both of you!

10. Induslady

Thank you for your entries

Vidyasarada, thank you for sending in your entry.

Sunikris, thank you for your revised entry.

Good Luck!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.