1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Which is your favourite subject

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by kanaka Raghavan, Sep 10, 2007.

1. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

Each of us would have had our favourites in school or in college.Going to my school days I always loved history and geography.I vividly remember that we had Anglo Indian teacher.She used to teach as well as make us laugh and laugh right through the class.She used to make fun of everyone.I remember once she even said that the headmaster who was very plump would go up the flagpost when he hoists the flag!!!We had a roaring time in her class.In subsequent classes we had good teachers.I always topped in that subject.
    The one I hated was Mathematics.No matter any how i was taught nothing would go into grey matter.As I had written in my school memoirs in snippets of life earlier,my parents and brother especially lost hope .Somehow I managed to scrape through.Sometimes failed,even managed to get 7/100 in the 7th standard quarterly exams!!!!!!!!!!!!.My report card was fine only now and then with a red line across the subject Mathematics...Managed to get 75 in my 10th board and vow that was the end of it.........
    In college it was again History as an ancillary.It was excellent.Part of Micr economics was fun,but not the main paper which was taught by sober old Professor.
    Now again I did M.A.History which I really enjoyed.Most of them regarding American and Asian History.Even now I do miss to pick up a absorbing History book.......................... from the library.............

2. slp807

slp807 Bronze IL'ite

Kanaka,
    mine is exact reverse, i use to hate Socialstudies :idontgetit: subject a lot. after completing my 10th standard i felt so happy that i dont have to read it again.
    My Favourite subject is Mathematics and from 5th standard onwards i use to score full marks in Maths till my engg.( we use to have Maths in engg 1st n 2nd years).
    i want to do my masters in Mathematics, i wish i fulfill it oneday.

3. Sindhuja

Sindhuja Silver IL'ite

Kanaka,
    Mine is also ulta of yours. My favorite subject is math (algebra, trig and calculus, but not geometry). I also did not show much interest in History & Geography, unlike my mom who is very good in Geography.

4. madhu11

madhu11 Bronze IL'ite

hi kanaka,

Mine is Sciences. Also have interest in Geography. But I never liked Maths, or even physics. I don't like numbers from childhood. Its been always letters or words for me.

5. Tulasi

Tulasi Silver IL'ite

Kanaka,

My favorite subject in school was botany & chemistry followed by mathematics and I used to hate Physics but I ended up getting a degree in electrical/electronic engg but Job started with software engg & married to physicist!

Tulasi

6. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Kanaka
    this is an interesting topic. i really liked English. it was my favorite subject from school thru college and even now. however i was not allowed to take b.a.litt so had to b.sc physics as much as i dont like math. or chemistry or phy. nice to see everyones views too.

7. krish22

krish22 Senior IL'ite

Hi kanaka,

Mine is Literature.I used to enjoy the language classesvery much as the teachers were very good .Our telugu teacher used to tell that poetry and prose like a story and we were visualising rather watching an old movie of puranas.And our hindi teacher used to scold like anything and yet we used to laugh and laugh .oh that was funny.In my intermediate I enjoyed sanskrit class very much.Even now I prefer to do some research in language related or phycology subjects.I wish I would get time and oppertunity.

Krish.

8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi kanaka,

I like mathematics more..Operations research and statistics were definitely the best. in college digital electronics, electrical circuits and mechanical drawing....

9. twinsmom

twinsmom Silver IL'ite

Hi Kanaka..

Mine is English.... or... English.... and.... ENGLISH!:yes: I enjoyed ENglish Classes from school days... Somewhere in my foolish childhood nursed dreams of doing MBBS and when I could not, opted for my love, English! Never regretted my affair with the language! It goes on even now....:oops:

10. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Hi Kanaka
    Like Barathair said, Kanakku Enakku Pinakku, Aamanakku. I really envy all those who have said that they love Maths. Lucky me my daughter is just the opposite. She loves maths and she is so fast in learning too.

I had always wanted to be an archeologist, and decipher the writings in the walls of all the temples of Tamilnadu. It is still a dream. In school yes like you the subjects that had fascinated me a lot were History, Geography and Tamil. I have searched for books over books written about Tamil Kings, kingdoms and have read and reread them a lot.

Life took its own tide and God now had made me a HR person and a trainer cum Child counsellor. In college my favourite subject was Communication, and I think that is why I have ended up in HR I beleive.:mrgreen: