Which is your favourite drink for the Summer season?

Discussion in 'Weekly Quick Polls' started by Laxmi, Apr 28, 2008.

Which is your favourite drink for the Summer season?

1. Fresh Fruit Juices / Tender Coconut

63 vote(s)
    79.7%
  2. Ice-creams

5 vote(s)
    6.3%
  3. Sodas / Milkshakes

2 vote(s)
    2.5%
  4. Others

9 vote(s)
    11.4%
  1. Laxmi

Laxmi Administrator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Poll for 27th April 2008 to 3rd May 2008

Hello ILites

With the sizzling summer, what is the best option other than a chilled drink to beat the heat? As the mercury rises in the thermometer, how do we keep our body temperature cool? With sun dehydrating all our body fluids and electrolytes, how could we replenish the same?

Don't you all agree, summer is the best season for fruits and juices and Ice creams and Lemon sodas and what not. A chilled mango juice or a wedge of water-melon gives a refreshing effect to the body. A drive to the nearby Ice cream shop to indulge in a Chocolate Ice cream liberally garnished with nuts is the best thing to do on a Summer evening.
    BTW, ladies a request for all of you, try avoiding the aerated and bottled drinks and opt for the natural ones.
    Don't miss out on this summer coolers thread by Krishnamma:
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/krishnaammas-kitchen/5723-summer-coolers-icecreams-kulfis-etc.html

and the chilling elaneer payasam by Chitvish:
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/a...rts-for-perfect-indulgence-16.html#post245002
    Wait before you rush to the kitchen to make fresh and refreshing fruit juice or starting your car to the nearby Ice cream shop, cast your votes in the poll topic and let us know your comments.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2008

2. sowminivibu

sowminivibu Silver IL'ite

i just love to hav tender coconut water and will not miss out on the opportunity if i can have one !!!! i also love chitvish rose milk recipe and its a regular at my place irrespective of the weather !!!:drool:drool

lov
    sowmi

3. Jithiks

Jithiks Gold IL'ite

Spicy Buttermilk !!

Hi Laxmi,

Even though it is still Spring here in Virginia, at times it does become hot.
    Summer officially starts here only by the last week of June.

Unfortunately, we don't get fresh tender coconut water where we live !

Having said that, my favorite drink for the summer will be Buttermilk..that too spicy!!

I usually blend some ginger, coriander, curry leaves, salt and asofoteida (hing), (grind them all in a blender) to the butter milk...it is simply mind blowing and healthy on a hot day. :cool2:

In fact, I prefer carrying this in a big bottle..whenever we go for any outdoor trips during Spring/Summer.

So I think my vote will come under the category "Others"? :)

Cheers
    Krithika

Last edited: Apr 28, 2008
  4. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Hi Laxmi&Fellow Ilites,
    My Favorite drink at any time will be tender coconut.I go crazy the moment i spot it roadside and will demand for it...:crazy

5. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

My most favourite drink for summer is BUTTERMILK...........and buttermilk only..........i used to grind coriander, curry leaves, ginger with little lemon juice in that and drink...........though i like other items like Fresh fruit juices , tender cocnut etc.........all that will be v costly to have daily......

And another fav is NONGU............i will eat 10 at a time.....:tongue:tongue:tongue.

6. lakshmi05

lakshmi05 Silver IL'ite

Hi,

At home buttermilk and lemon juice and if i go out ll like to take tendercoconut.

Lakshmi.

7. sharadha

sharadha Bronze IL'ite

Hi Laxmi,

Good topic at the right time.

My vote is for fresh juices.. Of all the juices my all time favorites are Lime & Mosambi .

8. Oviya

Oviya Silver IL'ite

Dear Laxmi,

I voted for 'others'..

When I saw this poll topic in the homepage, I decided that I'm going to vote for buttermilk. I like it with salt, curry leaves and asafoetida.

I like fruits in its original form.

9. jpadma

jpadma Senior IL'ite

i'll go with most of my ilite friends -having buttermilk & also glucose water which provides energy instantly.

10. bipasha

bipasha Senior IL'ite

Hi,
    This poll reminds me of my college days...I love "Aam Panna" during summers.
    I was studying in Nagpur and we used to have exams from 2:00 to 5:00 int he afternoon...
    The temperatures used to soar upto 48 degrees..
    And when we came back fromt he exams...we would get chilled "Aam Panna" in the hostel mess. That was a treat !!!!

Bipasha