Which is the best Indian City to live in?

Discussion in 'Weekly Quick Polls' started by Laxmi, Feb 10, 2008.

Which is the best Indian City to live in?

1. New Delhi

5 vote(s)
    7.0%
  2. Mumbai

4 vote(s)
    5.6%
  3. Chennai

26 vote(s)
    36.6%
  4. Bangalore

12 vote(s)
    16.9%
  5. Hyderabad

15 vote(s)
    21.1%
  6. Others

9 vote(s)
    12.7%
  1. Laxmi

Laxmi Administrator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Poll for the week 10th Feb.2008 to 16th Feb.2008
    Hello NRI Ilites,

Here is a poll topic that is very close to your heart. Most of you at some point or the other must have plans to coming back to India and settling here.
    Whatever said and done East or West India is the best.
    Apart from choosing the city you have grown up in for sentimental reasons, give some thought and practically make a choice of the city that you would like to settle in.

Is it the hot, hotter, hottest Chennai that is a mixture of tradition, culture and modern life style?

Is it the city Mumbai that is always on its toes, with busy people making money and equally partying and enjoying their life?

is it Bangalore for the breezy climate and great discos and pubs giving way for a high social life?

Is it the capital city New Delhi where the political power play is on the high?

Is it the city Hyderabad that has excellent infrastructure and great living conditions?

Take your pick.

ILites in India, you can also participate in the poll take your pick of the city you would love to live in.
    Let us know your comments about the city you love.

2. kanaka

kanaka Bronze IL'ite

New Delhi doesn't suit many.

Bombay has become dirty and insecure. Though a Mumbaikar i avoid going. No more charm. INSECURITY!

Chennai is ok until u adjust. Water scarcity

Hyderabad is for ever a sensitive city.

I like Coimbatore, Cochin, Goa, Kolhapur- -- ----- - . Better off compared to Metros. In future it is better to visit metros but stay in towns.

3. vivbass

vivbass Gold IL'ite

hi all, my hometown is Chennai but i vote for Hyderabad,best place to live in. Bow
    but East or West Chennai is the bestBig Laugh

4. Lalitha venkate

Lalitha venkate Senior IL'ite

hi all iliites

i'll vote for chennai

5. BhargaviChakravarthy

BhargaviChakravarthy Bronze IL'ite

Hi all
    I always vote for chennai.My home town.Not blindly saying but chennai is always balanced in all aspects.Regarding climatic conditions if you see in bombay,now it is too cold before two months it was heavily raining.Always there will be issues,fights on the roads.

Hyderabad OK
    Bangalore In terms of climatic conditions ?????????

Abt culture and tradition still chennai ranks the top.
    Delhi & bombay definitely does not stick to our traditions.

CHENNAI ULTIMATE..........

6. corallux

corallux Bronze IL'ite

My vote is for Mumbai,

Bharghavi what makes you say Mumbai has not kept in touch with it rich past?

Just visit walk down the lanes..No doubt we are party animals...But Mumbai always stops to celebrate festivals etc....

Gudi padva is around the corner & you will see the ladies in "Navaries (nine yard sarees) going for Haldi-Kumkum ceremonies

Chennai is the most unfriendly city I have been...People refuse to help you unless you speak Tamil....I had a miserable time when I went there.....

At least it is cold in winter..what about Chennai? Hot, Hotter & hottest...

In final our name MUMBAI itself shows how linked we are with our culture & tradidtions: Mumbai is derived from Mumbadevi who is the patron deity of my beloved city.

Bhargavi each city has it's own merits & demerits..I am sure Chennai has it's share of demerits.

Please concentrate on the merits...

Cheers,

Corallux

Just visit any Mumbaikar's home & you will know what I am talking about....

7. BhargaviChakravarthy

BhargaviChakravarthy Bronze IL'ite

Corallux,
    As i wrote in the very begining itself that i am not blindly saying.Definitely i will never look only the demerits.I will always strike a balance .Actually my sister lives in mumbai,she says that the mimbaiites are friendly not only that she even speaks abt the plus in that city.I strongly adhere to that.Though u say that mimbaiites follows tradition,i can confidently say that regarding culture,ethical values chennai is ahead than others.Still i am not saying that other cities are bad but i am speaking on a comparitive basis.Equally chennai has its drawbacks too.I agree to it.I am rating according to each and every individual aspects of the city.I never say that one city is bad and the other city vice versa.Hope i have made my argument clear.

Thanks for ur exact feedback
    BC

8. corallux

corallux Bronze IL'ite

BC,

Thanks for your reply.I agree when every person has a right to defend his/her home town.

You still have not made it clear as to why we Mumbaities have not kept in touch with our traditions & Chennai has. Each city has it's own way of keeping in touch with it's roots...

Please explain

Corallux

9. shubhas

shubhas New IL'ite

HI,

Well, each city has its significance as stated by you guys..Now, it depends upon what your necessities are, nowadays India is also almost developed, you can ask for any facility in any city, you can have it at your doorstep..Ofcourse, climate plays a role in different cities, and we can adjust to any climate..Many indians living abroad are ready to live life there with any climate, be it in extreme summers or extreme winters, why not accept the same thing in India..like Chennai and Mumbai are hot but we do have facilities to cool ourselves and after all its not the same climate round the year.

Bangalore was cool once upon a time, but has become hot nowadays coz of the over growth of population there and construction of buildings almost everywhere..
    Education is good for children in all the cities in India, depends upon which school you put ur children, coz there are lot of schools that concentrate on extra curricular activities too that improves your kid a lot..
    And as for the safety, as everyone knows, India is not very safe but we have to be safe..
    So, choose any city, but plan for your facilities by looking into your income and expenses.

Smiles
    Shubha

10. Senorita

Senorita Silver IL'ite

Hi all,

As all of my relatives live in chennai, it was my only place to spend lot of time hanging over there.. so chennai was my first fav!!
    But after shifting to Hyderabed i have loved that place, dono reason..

Recently i have seen a poll in Times of India paper according to this, like which city was gud. The survey included all the reasons also.

To my shock de studies showed that Chennai is no 1 city where most of de ppl are willing to live.. and to my shock Delhi was the worst in India..

I felt very happy after seeing that.... so guys cheers for all those who prefer chennai..... !! :cheers

One of the most ancient and lovely city except those dusty roads in som areas... :-(