1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Which is the best city for indians to settle down in Canada? Plz advice!!!

Discussion in 'Indians in Canada' started by jandl, Nov 18, 2007.

1. jandl

jandl New IL'ite

Hi,

I am new to this forum and liked it very much, I am coming to Canada next month or so for a perm. settlement. I need your advice to choose the best city in canada for indians to settle, where we can have indian communities to interact with, good and affordable life style with job opportunities and close proximity to city centre and other facilities.

I want to live in the indian community as i have been living in scotland UK from the last three years and got bored here as there is no indian community here.

Any suggestion is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

JandL

2. somasubu

somasubu New IL'ite

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Hai,

Calgary is the best place for indians to settlle.Lot of job opporunities and lot of indians.
    Also very enjoyable chinook climate.
    <TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

3. solonacea

solonacea New IL'ite

hi,
    i travelled few cities in canada ,i liked ottawa best,though weather is quite cold here but its like city without any hastle of cities like N.Y. with almost zero crime rate,n people living here are very friendly n away from traffics n noise .....so i rate ottawa best place to settle with lots of indian community .

4. saritaji

saritaji New IL'ite

I vote for Toronto. There is such a huge Indian community, temples, restaurants, Indian shopping places.

It is also a real melting pot, with so many different cultures mingling together.

I love the variety you see in everything. You could check the yellowpages in every city and kind of get an idea on what's available.

Decide for yourself and have fun doing it.

5. amoobhai

amoobhai New IL'ite

Toronto all the way!

especially if you are vegetarian, we have lots of options!

Amish

6. Anushkka

Anushkka New IL'ite

Hi saritaji,

I agree with you..i am gonna be coming for a perm settlement in Canada and Toronto is the place of choice for me and my husband.....

Hope it proves to be the right choice..have heard a lot of good things about the city and indian community there..also for the job prospects in IT.....

Regards
    Anushkka

7. priya1405

priya1405 New IL'ite

me too i vote for toronto. if u are a telugu person, try to meet greater toronto association for telugu community

8. nshobitha

nshobitha Bronze IL'ite

ohh i vote for toronto too..u'll find all over india pple..n indian restaurants too of ur choice..yea..roads r bit messy n all time crowded
    still lot of temples etc., as other ilite mentioned

9. goldenEyr

goldenEyr New IL'ite

Thank you
    Saritaji,
    Anushka

10. peeks

peeks Gold IL'ite

I agree Toronto is the best,lots of different I communities, every thing is available people are very friendly, schools good, nice community
    if you have young kids, look for a place in a good catchment area, very good schools in the good areas. Good luck.

1 person likes this.