Which is better: Pre-schools or Schools for KG kids?

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares in Bangalore' started by Harsinismom, Nov 2, 2011.

1. brahan

brahan Platinum IL'ite

Hi All,

Here is my response and FB on this. DS is 3.5 years old now . When he was 2 years old i got him admitted to a Play School near my House(Very Close to home). The Classes were for hardly 3 hours and it was a apt environment for my DS to Mingle with other kids , learn and Enjoy. When he turned 3 this May i got him admitted in Nursery Class in one of the reputed Bangalore Schools(The Admission Process begins with the distribution of Forms in Oct 2010, Interview in Nov 2010 and then with the payment of fees). yes the Current Class Strength is 40, but there was never even an instance that my child was denied individual attention.

If you see the trend, in a class of 40 there would be a minimum 5 to maximum 10 absentees everyday. The remaining class is split in to 3 groups, one of the group go for the Montessori class (approx 10 kids) and a separate Montessori Teacher, 10 kids are attended by one teacher(She involves them with writing, colouring) and the remaining 10 with another teacher (orals, Story telling and Rhymes). This is how things have been happening with my Son's school.

Another main reason why i chose to put the my Son in a School for Nursery(Rather than continuing in play School) was

a. Most of the Bangalore based schools intake students from the Class Nursery.Probability of getting Admission in Nursery is more.
    b. After this there is only expansion of few sections from Nursery to LKG. So chances are Less.
    c. The Interview Process is common in Most of the Schools in Bangalore and the expectation on the Kid for LKG is more when compared to that of the Nusrsery. The Kids cannot be blamed for non Performance as everything on the Interview day totally depends on the Mood of the Kid.
    d. Its a Do or DIE situation to get admitted in LKG as schools do not admit kids in UKG(very rarely).

Owing to these reason i chose to select School Type education for my Son from Nursery.

Thanks,
    Brahan

2. vanithasekar

vanithasekar Gold IL'ite

hi,

Iam from chennai and getting LKG seats in chennai in good schools is like getting MBBS seat.. the admission process is not transparent in most of the schools and they create a lot of hype and they expect too much donation too.. if u have any good school in mind and u want them to study in that school, u can better put them in prekg there.. and they will study till 12 th..
    otherwise u can put in eurokids or kidzee where individual attention will be very good ..this is important for 2-3 yr old kids.. beleive me.. eurokids is doing an fantastic job,,, my kid is studying nursery(prekg) there.. it is play way method.. the teaching materials, the teachers etc.. are very great.. the student teacher ratio is 1:9... the care and attention is really good..

cheers
    vani

3. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

thanks a lot brahan for your detailed review..i really was expecting a review of this sort..thanks...can you pleae mention the name of the school you have put your son into and also if possible the fee??!!!

4. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

thanks vanitha...whatever you say about this admission is very correct...
    i am getting loads of positive and great reviews about these euro kids in chennai..but i am not really sure whether the same is applicable here in bangalore..checking on that at present...
    thanks a lot for stepping in with your valuable feedbakc:)

5. brahan

brahan Platinum IL'ite

I will Pm my DS School Name

6. brahan

brahan Platinum IL'ite

Swaran, my DH chked with Euro kids in Indra nagar and he wasnt happy with it...(So was his friend too)..I do not know abt other Branches. It may vary depending on the teachers..:)

7. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

thats true brahan..it depends on the branches..the number of positive response i got for euro kids in chenani was way too high compare to wht i have got in bangalore...i mean i dint hear much aboput this school in bangalore though they have loads of branches here too...need to get more revioews and that too positive ones before admitting..thansk for stepping in :)

8. shree2625

shree2625 New IL'ite

Day care or pre-school? :hide: It's so confusing. next week onwards will take a trip of 'small schools' around and will have a look at syllabus(and money they take) and then decide.

9. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

hahaha thanks shree...will wait for your feedback... :thumbsup