Which is better: Pre-schools or Schools for KG kids?

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares in Bangalore' started by Harsinismom, Nov 2, 2011.

1. Harsinismom

Harsinismom Junior IL'ite

Hello IL ites-

Could you please share your experience as which is better for KinderGarden(LKG/UKG) kids :
    Pre-schools(as Kidzee,EuroKids,...) or Schools ? [​IMG]

I'm scared of the children strength(KG sections) in schools....
    How are the kids(3+ yrs) managing in schools? Pls share your experiences..

Thanks in advance!

2. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Hi harisinismom,

You know what,i was about to post exactly about this same issue...wanted to get some suggestions from our experienced moms here....thanks a lot !!!! :thumbsup

I wanted to put my DD in a playschool as soon as she completes 2..but then couldnt due to few reasons..so have decided to put her next year...she would be 2 1/2 next march and was thinking whether to admit her in PREKG or put her in a playschool for a year and then directly put her in LKG the following year...

Kindly advise me dear ladies..which would be better..??...is it better to put her into PreKG or playschool next year?!!!!
    I am a lot confused thinking which would be the wise option....
    :bonk
    Thanks in Advance

3. Pamela15

Pamela15 Silver IL'ite

Harinismom, Swaran,

I would suggest you to get your kids admitted to a pre-school thats walking distance from your home. Unless there is an extremly good school which is close to your house, it is not worth sending your kid to a bigger school at pre-school level. Ideally, the pre-school (Nursery to UKG) should be in a separate building/campus from the main school. Kids that young are not matured enough to handle big school environment. Also, individual attention maybe missing in bigger schools with class size of 40.

But most of the times we get carried away in the hype of big/branded schools and getting our child into it ASAP. Also, schools scare us with various age restrictions, seat availability, vague admission criteria etc. Believe me - most schools have availability and are open for admissions throughout the year.
    Another major concern is the fee hike. Every year, the admission fees as well as annual fees are hiked.

So weigh the pros and cons - incase you opt for schools, then select the school that may have lower student teacher ratio till atleast the primary level, is close to home etc.

All the best!

2 people like this.
  4. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

thanks a lot pamela for your first feedback...thanks for the valuable information....will definetely take care....

waiting for more suggestions ladies...please help!!!!

5. Harsinismom

Thanks Pamela for your suggestions!
    I agree with you, it would be tough for kids to manage in Big schools....

The Big schools create a great hype and earn a lot of money during admissions. But the individual attention to kids is missing...

Educational institutions have become a place of business rather than a place of knowledge...

We parents have to be really vigilant in giving good education to our kids.

Thanks again for your suggestions....

Expecting more ILites to share their experiences...

6. Harsinismom

Hi swaran - Good to join you getting more info of schools for our little ones..

Lets wait for more parents to share their views...

7. rmalathi

rmalathi Senior IL'ite

Hi Harinismom, Swaran,
    Gaining admissions in schools is an ordeal; especially in between grades! It would thus be better to get your child into a school that has nursery to 12th as you would not have to go thru the same madness again and again. I agree that it may be too much to handle for the child but kids adapt fast and you too will be rid of the tedious admission procedures.

Good luck:thumbsup

8. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

thanks for sharing your thoughts dear malathi :)

9. AnanyaAjay

AnanyaAjay Silver IL'ite

Hi Swaran & Harsini,

I am also in the same boat. My DD will turn 3 in April, for some reasons I couldn't put my DD in playhome last year. So this year I am confused whether to put her in a good school for pre-kg or a private playhome like kidzee, eurokids, etc.

I am in USA right now and am planning to get back to India within Feb so that I can do something about my DD's school. BIG CONFUSION!!

Please ladies, let me know your opinions. following are the scenarios:
    - If we put in a nearby playhome, next year we have to search a good school and again the admission fees and donations will be hiked by then.
    - If we put in a good school, admissions should be open till I get back to India. (By Feb) I doubt that. That too the fees should be in our budget.

We are looking for schools around BTM Layout where we would stay once we get back to India.

Please help.

10. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Hello Ananya...join the club...
    me too still waiting for some more feedback...