1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Which coffee brands/Starbucks flavor do you like?

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by Nila, Apr 8, 2005.

1. Jithiks

Jithiks Gold IL'ite

Re: Filter coffee

Hi Anandchitra,

I use 100% Columbian Coffee POWDER. It is already ground. It says Supremo Bean-Dark Roast-Fine Grind on the coffee can. It is 3lb can. I dont buy beans and grind it.

This Kirland brand from COSTCO is excellent! I have never tried it in coffee maker..from the beginning only our coffee filter. Sorry...!

Cheers
    Krithika

2. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Krithika
    You put the powder in our filter and add water is it?

3. Jithiks

Jithiks Gold IL'ite

Yes Anandchitra, I put the powder in the coffee filter and add hot water ...little at a time. Depending on, for how many you are going to make coffee..you can make the decoction.
    For this, you need to add the coffee powder in the filter...then pour hot water..slowly.
    You keep adding the hot water...in intervals...till you get the required amount of decoction for the coffee powder.

Cheers
    Krithika

Last edited: Mar 29, 2008
  4. Dreams

Dreams Junior IL'ite

Hi, I am using Nescafe Taster's Choice instant coffee powder.What i do is i will boil the milk in microwave and then i will add sugar and coffeepowder to milk,this way it's very easy to make coffee.but i dont know this one is good or bad,i want to know anyone is using this brand is it good?

5. manjulats

manjulats Silver IL'ite

Hi,

Even I am a great fan of Coffee.I use Folgers ,mix it with Green label and grind it and then Filter that in the usual steel filter.It comes out like a filter coffee .I really like it.

6. narmee_r

narmee_r Senior IL'ite

thank u friends. me & my husband r not addicted to coffee. even though sometime we want to hv a cup of coffee. whenever we wish we'll hv fr starbucks. recently i want to hv some indian traditional filter coffee. but it is not available in indian stores. right now i m looking for it. now i got it. thank u all for a good suggetion. let me try out those traditional indian filter coffee.

7. Jithiks

Jithiks Gold IL'ite

Hi narmee,

Try making coffee at home with the suggestions and the coffee powder mentioned in the previous posts...sure you will not regret it.

Infact, my DH says that the filter coffee that I make at home is a lot better than the coffee at Starbucks.:coffee Ofcourse we do indulge ourselves occassionally there !

Cheers
    Krithiks

8. vaidehi

vaidehi Silver IL'ite

Hi Krithika,

How do u get coffee with all that foam ....? Coz i have a gas stove with a coil.... i have tried boiling milk in it and what i found was it sticks to the bottom very fast. So now i heat the milk in microwave and add the decotion to it ....even though it tastes good....but we do miss the foamWitsend.

Cheers
    vaidehi

Last edited: Apr 16, 2008
  9. Jithiks

Jithiks Gold IL'ite

Hi Vaidehi,

If your stove has coils, it means it is an electric stove and not gas..right?

Infact, wherever we moved, i had only electric stoves here in US except in Boston...got used to it now.

Since we are so particular for the coffee taste...I boil the milk on the stove top only...between medium to high...if you keep it high...it tends to stick at the bottom...but if you do this way...there is very minimal sticking at the bottom .

Just now, made coffee this way...also when you mix the milk, sugar and decoction, make sure you pour it from a little height to your cup or tumbler...that way u get a good foam !! :coffee

Cheers
    Krithika

Last edited: Apr 16, 2008
  10. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

Buy milk kadais... there are specific ones for just boiling milk.. its made of aluminium(I guess) and just a small coat of milk will be down, thats it... soaking and washing is not an issue.. but it never sticks or burns.. I bought it from India.. long back.. but have seen in many indian stores here..

vaidehi.. the foam doesnt come from boiling the milk.. its how you.. how to say that.. hmm.. "atheefy" the coffee with the tumbler and dabara.. in chennai in the fast food you can see it outside the kitchen.. the pour the coffee from tumbler to dabara like N number of times...

the secret to a good tasty coffee is this.. the more you do it.. the great it would be with the foam.