1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

Which brand/product did you use for baby bath tub?

Discussion in 'Infants' started by daisymom, Sep 7, 2010.

1. daisymom

daisymom Senior IL'ite

i am going to deliver my first child in October and i m still at loss about which bath tub to use. i want the tub to last at least 6 months (wrt the size of the baby)

plz tell me which (Bath Tub) brand or product you used for bathing your baby. were u satisfied with it?

eagerly awaiting ur replies!

Last edited: Sep 8, 2010

2. mridusudha

mridusudha Silver IL'ite

I used trhe first years tub until DS was 10 months old. It has a mesh to use till the baby is 3 months old and after that you can remove the mesh and use it.
    Here's the tub I used
    The First Years Sure Comfort Deluxe Newborn-to-Toddler Tub - Learning Curve - Babies "R" Us

And for baby soap/shampoo - Initially I used Johnson & Johnson but it made DS's skni very dry and itchy. I guess because of the fragrance in there. So I switched to Aveeno. Works perfeclty. I also used Cetaphil. Both Aveeno and Cetaphil worked fine for DS.

Hope this helps!

3. OOPALL

OOPALL Silver IL'ite

Hi Daisymom,
    For bath products, I had used Johnson& Johnson's brand. Aveeno is another very good brand if there are any issues with allergic reactions.

Thanks,
    Oopall.

4. daisymom

daisymom Senior IL'ite

@Mridusudha : the tub looks awesome.. but i m not sure if these are available in India :hide:

do u have any experience (ur own or via a friend) of the Fisher Price Bath Tubs?

@Oopall : thank u for the feedback sweetheart, but i m looking for a bath tub brand.

5. malar_arasi

malar_arasi Silver IL'ite

6. Happysoul1234

Happysoul1234 Gold IL'ite

I second the tub posted by mridusudha. Had that one myself. if unavailable in india, fisher price is good too as a brand. get the one which has an inclined head support or a sling - both are very useful for newborns. on the mothercare website posted by another OP I found this.

Fisher Price Bath Aquarium : mothercare- Nursery Equipment, Maternity Clothes & Baby Shop

Here is something comparable on us stores. you can check the reviews here and also on amazon.com.

Fisher-Price Ocean Wonders Deluxe Aquarium Bath Tub - Fisher-Price - Babies "R" Us

Amazon.com: Fisher-Price Aquarium Bathtub: Baby

7. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

mothercare tubs are good we used one.... lifestyle has some pretty tubs too.......

we have the "please look after me " tub from mothercare :) u would also want to get a sponge bath support... it was a lifesaver.... both u can get at mothercare

8. sumanr

sumanr Silver IL'ite

SInce you are in India, please try MotherCare normal bath tub. I use it for DD even now (she is almost a year old). For the initial 3-4 months, I used a bath support ..you get it from Mothercare too.

9. daisymom

daisymom Senior IL'ite

Thank u sooooo much for the feedback about the tubs... i was going crazy here :spin

i cudnt find a please take care of me tub but i did find one @ mothercare. is it similar to that one.

also, please check the sponge support pic i am attaching.

i kind of like the Fisher Price bath tub. is it safe for a new born? i will have my mom with me during the first month of the baby, so i wont be bathing the LO alone.

plz check all three images

Attached Files:

10. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

daisymom, why pay exhorbitant price for simply a bathtub? u have lots of "kharchas" coming as ur baby grows do not worry:rotfl

fisher price tub is 2.5-3k.... in india fisher price products are pathetically priced...

ShoppersStop.com - Baby Bath this is the bathtub, and its called Please look after me range
    ShoppersStop.com - Foam Bath Support
    this is the foam support...