1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Which bicycle to buy for 3yr old girl

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by Mittuma, Feb 2, 2010.

1. Mittuma

Mittuma New IL'ite

Hi,

My daughter is turning 3 next week. We are planning to gift her a bicycle . Can anyone suggest me the best bicycle brand for toddlers, which should be safe and comfortable for riding.

I am considering the brands: hero, hercules and BSA. It would be helpful if you guys can give the approximate price of toddler cycle

2. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Hi Mittuma
    Did you buy your DD the bicycle? Which one did you chose is it good please share

3. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Hi,

I think by now mittuma would have bought one for her DD.. :-D

i ll just share my story...
    There are many types of cycles available for kids...even in the 2-4 year old range..
    there are cars and motor cycles too..cost depends 2-6K is the range...for 2K ,its the peddling type of car abd 6K is like a real small car...
    coming back to cycles..
    we do get small cycles nowadays that are apt for 3 years...
    we bought one for our DD 5 months back..she was close to 2.5 that time

initially thought of getting the tricycle..again there were diferent patterns in BSA ranging from 2200-2800Rs
    then we saw the normal kids cycle(ofcourse design and pattern were such that kids like it)...it has supporting wheels too which can be detached...
    so we decided to go for a normal cycle mainly because she was already 2.5 and would slowly have to learn cycling and 3wheeler wont work for more than 3-3.5 years...max,the shop keepr said the same..this normal cycle can be used by kids <=5 years...thats the max...the same cycles were available with a little bigger wheel diameter(for little biog kids)...
    this costed 3500Rs

BSA have introduced cute cycles..take your kid along and allow him/her to choose:)
    we did that and DD started to ride all by herself properly right from the 2nd day...(ofcourse with the supporting wheels on)..nowadays she si doing lot of gymnastics on it..hehe

this is what we got for her(similar one with a different colour)
    BSA Kitty 14? Kids Cycles | Children Bicycles | Bicycles for Kids | Buy Bicycles for Kids Online