Which baby boy name would you pick?

Discussion in 'Baby Names & Birth Announcements' started by Ig77, Feb 1, 2016.

1. dimhere

dimhere Gold IL'ite

Shrikar. 4 and 5 are too complicated for the American tongue. Even Shrikar has the tough "shr" triple consonant blended sound.

I always prefer any name with two basic sounding syllables. Like, Riya, Diya. Also, say the first name with the baby's last name together. It should have a flow and not be jarring together, or confusing for an American. For example, "Shashi Shekhar".

Though the names match and have a flow, the presence of three "sh" in the name, is apparently tough for the average American.

Avoid names like "Ash*ta" which have "sh*t" in the spelling, or "Apoorva" which has "poo" in it, or "Arun" which have a common English word "run" in it.

The best advice I got for naming my kids: go to the backyard and shout the name in your loudest voice around 20 times in one hour. That is how you are going to hear it for the next 20 years! :):) So choose short, simple names.

All the best for a safe delivery.

1 person likes this.
  2. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

Awww, a new baby on the way! Congratulations! :)

Of the 5 names, I would pick Siddhantha. Everyone will call him Sid, which would be okay with me.

Names are inevitably shortened to familiar nicknames by other kids. For example, Supreeth may be shortened to Sue, Shrikar may be called Shrek, etc. I would avoid names with potentially cruel nicknames.

Good luck! :)