1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Which are the qualities that your IL hate in you.

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by mlk2009, Jun 5, 2009.

1. saddestiny

saddestiny Bronze IL'ite

My MIL initially chose my match because my DH wanted 'this girl only' and she was very proud. But things changed later.

What they don't like in me:

1. First and foremost that I love my DH and he loves me back even more.

2. They think I am 'Too good to be true' every so often they wonder and question if this person is for real. Like they do 100 things, really non-sense things and when I carry myself quietly and calmly, they wonder how could they not elicit anger from me? Maybe I am pretending, etc. etc. But now they do know that its just not in my personality to talk loud, shout or yell.

3. Very god oriented and spiritual. I recite shlokas that even my MIL does'nt know and somehow it just ashames the whole bunch that I have a different attitude and my DH too is inclined towards it nowadays.

4. Compared to them, I am a tall girl, 5 feet 5inches. But I match my DH very well he is 5 feet 10inches. Rest of them whole family is short, less than 5 feet or almost 5 feet(my BIL).

5. Generally I am very friendly with everyone. But they think I have extra special relationships with my DH cousins and outsiders, why can't l be like that with co-sis and SIL ?

6. I sleep 8hrs+ peacefully on anyday, does'nt matter what happens. So they envy this because I do not disturb my sleep over other stresses or issues.

7. I have a pretty good relationship with my parents and siblings- Touchwood we do not have any issues like these people.

8. I have been in all shapes, sizes and colors owing to stress etc. But always confident of my appearance and never ever feel deficient even in worst times ! I was 120-125 lbs in earlier days of my marriage. Later over 3years I became close to 150lbs, but never got inferiority or obsession about my weight or other issues. Always happy in whatever weight, height and other things. So they try to put me down and I don't get affected much, so it pains them again.

9. Everyone in their relatives circle consider me to be auspicious or lucky for them because once I entered their house, his brother and SIL got their GCs, DH got new house, promotions, more money and BMW too :biglaugh. When others say so, new DIL entry changed everyone's lives, they don't accept it, they get angry infact.

10. I have a passion for art and do photography, interior designing and event management in my free time. Whenever I get appreciation from others about being gifted or talented, my MIL says my daughter does so many more things what is there in this.

Sorry but everything failed to make me feel bad and I have a great life. :biglaugh

Not because of anything, but because I am generally a happy person, just fell into the wrong bunch by destiny and fate. :crazy

Last edited: Aug 27, 2009