1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Which are the qualities that your IL hate in you.

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by mlk2009, Jun 5, 2009.

1. Mommynme

Mommynme Guest

My IL's hate everything about me...I don't think there is anything that they like about me....Most important thing that they hate about me is that i don't care what they think about me.

2. mlk2009

mlk2009 Bronze IL'ite

Wow, thanks ladies for the share, like to add a few to my list ...

1. Mil hates the very fact that I am from the city and I think husband and wife are equal.
    2. She hates that i dont wear saree and jewels everyday like her.
    3. She hates that I dont mingle too closely with all DH side relatives and mainitain a distance.
    4. Fil hates when I question family tradition, he expects me to shut my mouth and do as said.(which i cant)
    5. Mil hates when i dont eat the oil-dripping, fatty, unhealthy snacks she makes.
    6.Mil hates that i allow my DH to make his own coffee and breakfast.
    7.MIL hates that i dont do pooja daily in US or light a lamp.
    8.MIL hates that i dont fast for the long life of my hubby..

3. sandu

sandu Bronze IL'ite

Really interesting to read all your replies. Well, I m not sure about all the qualities that they hate in me - usually, they pose really well in front of me. But still, some of the things they have expressed their dislike are

1. My mil hates the fact that I maintain our household expenses. Just because it is unlike them or their family tradition!!! She has ridiculed me in front of her son about it (who eventually thinks his mom is right). She has warned me that I cannot continue doing it hereafter. To which I replied that it is an inherent habit in me & my family members - we track each paisa we spend or earn, and that I have been doing it for 7 years since I started earning and I dont expect to give it up!

2. All of them hate the fact that I love my parents n relatives and that they love me too. They dont even like it when I call my sister from their house to wish her kid on his bday. Stingy lot!

3. Of course, they say I dont respect them or their dear son.

4. They always crib that I never report everything to them. And that I dont behave as a good dil should. Bla bla bla!

For that matter, my mil cannot bear it when someone (esp my husband) praises me & she tries to show herself off, be it cooking or housekeeping.

Sandhya

4. SuganyaJawahar

SuganyaJawahar Senior IL'ite

The qualities they dont like in me is
    1. My sleeping habit. I will be up until 12 in the night and wake up late in the morning. My MIL really hates it.
    2. Night Dress - I think my FIL does not like me wearing the Night Pant & shirts. He feel uncomfortable from seeing me wearing a pant :hide:. I guessed it from the way he reacts when I am wearing pant.
    3. One of my SIL does not like me at all. Its not only me. She has the habit of not having satisfaction with anything and everything in life like Dress, Jewels, House, and now ME :) ..

5. Priya16

Priya16 IL Hall of Fame

My MIL,

Just hates me not being servant in my home tsk

6. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

that was a good one .... :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

To the question, hmm, ofcourse there might be for sure.. I cant please everyone now can i ;) Anyhow, planning not to worry too much about it.. If they don't like it, its their headache, ain't mine :biglaugh:biglaugh

7. Happysoul1234

Happysoul1234 Gold IL'ite

haha reading everyones replies just made my day! and I realize my list of my in-laws dislikes of me was not complete .. I can add in all the stuff you gals wrote too!

what a great thread!! we are all in the same boat when it comes to our dear IL's!

8. spap

spap Senior IL'ite

this is interesting..

now let me see.. i am not sure if i know all of them.. they won't tell anything directly..here are some that i know..

1. they don't like me calling my husband by name..
    2. they want to know everything happening here including what happens in my office and i don't tell them..
    3. they say i am quiet always but i am talking to my mom.. i am quiet because i don't have anything to talk or i couldn't yell at them..
    4. they want me to tell their daughter everything and ask her before i do everything.. thats not going to happen ever!

i can give an infinite list.. the root cause being i am not their choice

9. Nakshathra

Nakshathra New IL'ite

1.MIL doesnt like me wearing Jeans and kurtas.Since DH wnats me to wear only these stuffs on tour she struggle hard to keep her mouth shut.
    2.She says I have attitude problem.Always i wore a green glass and say people are greener.People are so nice to me but am not lucky enough to undertsand them.(Remember she is the lady who wants to sleep between me and DH after 2 days of marraige....lol) :spin
    3.Am fair and tall and slim whereas DH's complete family (excludes DH who is taller than me) is short, stout and black.So my MIL doesnt like me look beautiful.She says all her relatives as if I was born very black and my parents used all fairness creams and spa treatments and made me fair which she doesnt want her daughter to do since it's not good for skin. :bonk
    4.I dont respect my husband since I call him by his name.She said the same even to my co-sis kids and then the kids were asking me "Chithi....dont u respect our Chithappa?"
    5.I dont care a damn for them when they complaint about me(rather say talk ill about me and my family)
    6.She always feel my mom is better than her in all the activities like child care, household stuffs etc. which is true too. this made her hate me much more :)

The list goes on......

Regards,
    Nakshathra

Last edited: Jun 9, 2009
  10. vpriya

vpriya Senior IL'ite

Priya 16 and Nandu, loved your comments :)

I think chocolate has writtend down whatever i thought, but even my mil is the same.
    they dont like me calling dh by name.
    Fil doesn't like that i am educated, i worked before marriage, i can drive a car. which are the major things he is very irritated abt.

Mil doesn't like that i can cook better than her, fil once commented before mil and thats the end of it. she started complaining more.

they dont like that we live here and i support dh in not returning back to india.
    Actually they complain everything abt me so, now a days i just dont care, actually FIL doesn't like similar things with dh too, he feels he should be better than dh in all ways. the same with SIL too.