1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

which air cooler is best

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by kavithasakthi, Jun 21, 2011.

1. kavithasakthi

kavithasakthi Senior IL'ite

Hi all

In my house the a.c is in the living room and not in the bed room.It is very hot to sleep in the room.i am having cooling fan and stand fan but it is not of use.n the coolin fan if i set the temp to 75 also the heat is not reduced to that.if it runs the whole day also the room temp shows as 83 or more.is there any air cooler that i can buy for this summer
    thanks in advance

regards
    Kavitha

2. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

One of my friend had bought portable AC, but, again, if you live in an apartment, not sure about the installation problems. Window AC is also available and have seen many of my friends were using to get better air and to save energy.

3. kavithasakthi

kavithasakthi Senior IL'ite

Hi Ami

Even i have also seen the portable ac.but it is very expensive and more over we could not fix box ac as we are in the apartment.thanks for your reply

4. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

You can buy small window air conditioning units in lots of stores right now for $80-100. These are easy to install and you just plug them in. Be sure to measure the window opening and compare to the dimensions listed on the box.

One thing...since you are in Indy, you will have a terrible humidity problem. The air conditioner will do some on that but those portable are often a/c and humidifier combo (although I don't know if they do one of the other and not both or do both at same time) and that might be better solution although more expensive. If you get a dehumidifier and a window unit, you might as well get the portable.