1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

where to settle and shop around charlotte. Need immediate help please....

Discussion in 'Indians in Charlotte' started by shivsonal, Oct 27, 2013.

1. shivsonal

shivsonal Junior IL'ite

Hi,

Our planned relocation was to dallas and there is some last moment change and we are now moving to charlotte after diwali and m a little anxious as m coming to US for the first time. It wud be great if i get some suggestions on some pointers:

* My husband base location would be charlotte and client location is moorsville.So, we want to settle somewhere between Charlotte airport and moorsville. I am not able to decide where to settle Huntersville, Davidson, Cornelius or outskirt of charlotte , where we can blend in easliy with some indian population around, daily drive to moorsville is comfortable and it wud be great if someone can suggest some good apartments in these area.

* Where would i find a good indian store in these area as i would immediately need to fill my groceries, as m only carrying few basic utensils and spices with me?

* Do we get furnished apartments with dishwasher, washer dryer in all apartments?

* How are these places in general as in context of colleges and job market ?

*While coming from india can i manage in a single jacket and a few sweaters, as i think i will get better stuff there so i should buy western and winter clothing after coming to usa.
    M looking for suggestions and also excited :D for shopping after coming there as i don't have much in western wear except jeans t-shirts and tops what we wear in india normally and would need to shop as soon as i find a home.

Looking forward for some suggestions and good friends :)
    Shivsonal.

2. shivsonal

shivsonal Junior IL'ite

3. Bhapy

Bhapy New IL'ite

Hi shivsonal ,
    i would suggest huntersville.its a best place.one of my friends lived their earlier.their workplace is mooresville too.

4. Bhapy

Bhapy New IL'ite

we do have indian stores there in and around 10 miles.

5. shivsonal

shivsonal Junior IL'ite

Hey Bhapy,

Thanks for replyin.
    We finally settled in mooresville, nice place with grocery stores also around.
    And may be sumone who reads it in future, there are plenty of options for shopping here.
    I think some basic clothes shopping can be done at walmart or target.Personally i liked target.
    There is a concord mall(outlet mall) in charlotte. I think that's an apt place to get a hang of place n shopping shopping:)