Where to get Nice Curtains in KL?

Discussion in 'Shopping/Restaurants' started by preethiitech, Nov 28, 2010.

1. preethiitech

preethiitech Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Friends,

As we are moving to the new house in the near future, we are in need of buying new curtains for the house. I need your suggestions on the shop to buy, ideas on the colour etc.

First: Is readymade curtains or custom made stitched by tailor, the easier one? I think in KL, the tailors are in high demand and they are costly. Is the ready made curtains ok?

Next, Regarding the shops, I have seen JUSCO and Mydin having a wide selection of curtains. Other than that, I have no idea. So, please help me out if you got any shop specifically for curtains and its accessories.

What is the place that you will suggest to buy in KL?:idea

((Drawing room - baby pink colour, the other rooms vary in lighter shades of blue, green,pink and purple.. So,its necessary that I should choose different colours for different rooms. Should the room wall colour, be the same colour as that of curtain or how??))

Waiting for your suggestions:cheers

2. parasmanic

parasmanic Bronze IL'ite

On our way to another hunt we mistaingly reached haji taib 5 , next to it is chow kit n there is kamdar there i had to buy a white pant for my son's school concert & found out they have a floor for home furnishing .......there are bed linen n curtains available there............give it a try.

I prefer sheer curtains n covering that curtians that are not so colourful......also i like a harmony in the colur scheme of the room so i get mine accordingly.........i love all earthly shades so a lot of greens n browns in my house.........u could choose the pallette according to ur paint my favourites are the unusual colours which are more on the pastel side n soothing n calming.

happy curtain hunting
    sonu

3. preethiitech

Thanks dear sonu. Oh, I have always got many dresses in'Kamdar'. How did I forget it??:bonk

thanks for reminding me about kamdar. the kamdar in Puchong is nearest to my place, I shall visit it and check it out.

What have you mentioned about the color for curtains? I am afraid that i did not understand that part of the post. Curtains can be matching the wall color or should be in contrast color?

I like the room curtains to be soothing, so may be go along with lighter shades as the wall( But, then washing should be done too often is it?:biglaugh)

But for the hall, its suggested to have the same color as that of sofa?

Please explain your suggestions and help me out girls:cheers

4. dsouza

dsouza New IL'ite

I would use two curtains on a window (plain white transparent one) and a solid colour to go over them.During the day, the solid colour can be rolled over to the sides to allow the light to come in.
    What colour are your walls and style of your furniture? Cream, and white walls go with most colours. Floral patterns are mostly for casual furniture. Depends on your choice. I love light green signifying prosperity , or gold for elegance, and I keep a Maroon set for a festive season.
    I also choose bedsheets with a little touch of colour matching the curtains. good luck..enjoy your interior decorating...

5. preethiitech

Thanks dsouza:cheers I was thinking you must be busy with your holidays. thanks for replying.

Here in the house, I have also been using 2 layers in the curtains, one is a plain one and the other is a solid colour. Here,I am using the golden colour curtain and I got only one set:)

In the new house, I want to do something like maroon colour, because I think it will match with my sofa, and have a golden colour set also for variety.

Thanks dear, can you suggest me some shops to buy. I know Mydin, Jusco, Kamdar have curtains. Any thing else where you buy usually?

6. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

hi preethi,

kamdar is the best option ...they have 2 or 3 shops in masjid india itself and they also stitch them. The other one would be SSF curtains..which are good but more expensive.just google to know their outlets. :)

7. preethiitech

Thanks mindian:) I plan to check out kamdar outlet in sunway :)

8. preethiitech

Hi Friends,

I just want to share you my updates for the curtain stuff. I had visited Mydin, and Kamdar.

The mydin is sort of ok , few varieties, price reasonable and only standard sizes available in readymade curtains

Kamdar - i think its less of variety, i went to IOI

Then I found two other shops, one is Macy in USJ 10, Taipan, its got very good variety and excellent material, but the delivery time is very high, they take a lot of time, one month + to give the curtains. And it is a bit pricy too, as we are in a hurry we could not choose this shop.

The final one we have taken now is Negoya Textiles, they got more than several hundreds of varieties of materials, and so many colours and varieties in designs, materials etc.and the best is they can stitch it for us within very less time too, and prices good:thumbsup(only disadvantage: no home delivery)

and the colours, I have chosen double screens for every room with the colours matching the wall area, and the furnitures.

So, now the curtains is done, got to get bedsheets, spreads, pillow cases etc.. its more work day by day.. still got more to do.:cheers

9. curtainstyle

curtainstyle New IL'ite

Please visit level 5, Sarah Hughes @ Globe, 185 Jalan TAR Kuala Lumpur 50100. Near SOGO.
    We are having huge variety of the curtain Fabrics imported from Belgium, Turkey and Spain.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2013
  10. preethiitech

Thanks curtain style, will visit the shop when we plan shopping next time.. I'm sure it would be helpful to our other members as well..