where to get mud vessels for cooking

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by aparnaram, Aug 22, 2013.

1. aparnaram

aparnaram Gold IL'ite

hi all... i like to share my experience here with Dr. Jamuna siddha spec.....

im affected with PCOD + irregular periods aged 30 & my dh is affected with Necrospermia aged 33!!! after 25 days of registration we got appointment today ... i was little bit afraid before of her rude talks & strictness but she is polite in her talks & explained us clearly about the benefits of the Indian medicines... it was nice experience... :)

she is very much against the tests like testicular Biopsy in men & IVF, test tube babies, IUI, and other tests in women.... she also added like doing continuous above test for more than 3 times may leads to CANCER in women... she insist us not to spoil our health for new one...

luckily we didnt undergone any of the above tests, so she specially congratulated us and said that the success rate will be faster :)... thus going under siddha treatment for infertility is good according to me because she is recommending us the natural food habits & easy exercises along with the medicines...

she strictly recommended us to use our daily food in mud vessels...

pl help me in finding mud vessels like
    * vanali for vegetable cooking
    * idly thattu
    * mud tava for dosai & chappatti...

she want us to change our food habits according to her medicines... im 5" & 53.5 kg but im asked to decrease 2.5 kgs.... my dh is 5.8" & 72 kg but he is asked to increase 2 kgs... so maintaining our weight according to our height is very important....
    diet chart is a big challenge for us to follow but if we practice we can do...

Where there is a Will there is a Way

2. Twinkel

Twinkel Platinum IL'ite

Re: mud vessels for cooking

All the best... Loads of baby dust :)

3. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

You may get it at any potter's place. I remember seeing some in mass scale near valluvarkottam & vadapalani. But don't now whether it exist now as it is more than a decade now since I saw them. You may also check in the Market near mambalam station.

If you have any local terracota supplier, you can check with them too.

Mud tava-never heard about it. But you have earthen pots and other vessels for cooking which are made stove top friendly.

APpreciate you both for looking out for natural treatment. Reducing weight is a step towards achieving your goal. Wish you all best.

Loads of baby dust to you.

1 person likes this.
  4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

MittiCool - Clay Products list, Mitti cool Refrigerator, non stick tawa, clay tawa, traditional clay craftman products, water filter, water cooler, clay pot, food plate, mud products they are available at a shop called desi basics in besant nagar. i think honeybee gave more details somewhere in il..

my daughter also has pcod. so i use stainless steel hard ones, or pressure pans more than non -stick. it is just a little adjustments, a little more caution and patience needed initially later you get used to cooking on them..

2 people like this.
  5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

3 people like this.
  6. aparnaram

aparnaram Gold IL'ite

thanks for all your valuable comments...

7. JGVR

JGVR Gold IL'ite

Good luck with your treatment.My aunt underwent the same treatment with Dr.jamuna 15 years ago and she got conceived after nearly 7 years of marriage.my aunt also got all mud vessels,wooden laddles and followed her medicine and diet strictly.

8. vathsala30

vathsala30 Platinum IL'ite

u can find them in the local market where they are selling earthern pots, diyas, and other earthern wares . Almost all markets sell earthern wares and if u want any specific earthern ware, u can ask them, they will get it for u or guide u where it is available

9. sumasrinivasa

sumasrinivasa New IL'ite

Hello,

Were you able to find the vessels ? Please let me where i can get?

Thanks
    Suma

10. sumasrinivasa

sumasrinivasa New IL'ite

Hello ,

Please help me to find the man paanai( clay pot) apart from the shop called DESI BASIC in chennai. I stay near Chennai Central

Thanks
    Suma