1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Where to get Bamboo swing (moongil oonjal) in Chennai?

Discussion in 'Home Decoration & Improvement' started by gopituty, May 14, 2012.

1. gopituty

gopituty Silver IL'ite

Hi All.. Where can we get Bamboo swing (moongil oonjal) in Chennai? I enquired in a shop @ Tambaram - Velachery road. They are quoting Rs.2300 and Rs.2500 for 2 models. Seems to be costly :) Or is this the price? Can someone recommend some shops and price? Thank you..

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

goputity,

that is the rate, because bamboo is in demand..earlier it was 1600.. if you have work to go towards sirgazhi you can pick up for a lesser price.

you can get it custom made..i have got some bamboo baskets custom made from this person.. and he has been reasonable..

i can point to the shop you bargain, and see..

on the medavakkam high road..next to oil mill bus stop.. before vasanth&co, you will find a person working with bamboo it is a small shop..you have to keep close watch..

a friend of mind said, that sometimes these people go around in mugalivakkam suburbs and make wonderful furniture on request.. not sure if they are there now..

puthu flat puthu furniture!!!!

3 people like this.
  3. gopituty

gopituty Silver IL'ite

hahhaha... Puthu flat'ku innum pogala.. Next year end thaan completion :) But might shift to a rent house in East Tambaram soon :)

Thanks a lot for your info..

Will check out in Medavakkam high road..

4. lgirish

lgirish Platinum IL'ite

I saw a shop selling bamboo jhulas near CIT Nagar bus stop. Saw very few pieces in Jayabharatham furniture in Royapettah too.

1 person likes this.
  5. Deepu04

Deepu04 IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for the info Shanvy.. Even i am looking for the sme info for our new home.. My mom loves bamboo swing..

6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

you are welcome deepu.

yes goputuity, cit nagar, and even near to the thiruvanmiur bus stop.. but i thought this is closer to you..and some of the furniture shops on the same road have this. also there is another model that is suspended from iron wrought frame and does not need to be hooked from the ceiling..but a little costly..

2 people like this.
  7. Deepu04

Deepu04 IL Hall of Fame

hi Shanvy, We have a provision of hooks for hanging this swing.. so its just we need to buy and hung it .. :) Am gonna get that as surprise for my mom.. :)

8. gopituty

gopituty Silver IL'ite

Hi Deepu.. Let me know the price and details if you buy it.. I'll be buying it sometime next month :)

9. gopituty

gopituty Silver IL'ite

Finally have got the swing for Rs.1700/- in a shop on Tambaram-Velachery Road after a great bargain by my wife..

The guy told as it was Friday evening and he didn't want miss us.. :)

Anyhow we are happy for the price we have got.. Not sure whether we can find in less price anywhere else..

10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

good buy gopi. congrats to you..